Bronte College is a private International Baccalaureate (IB) World School that offers day and boarding programs for Grades 9 to 12. Our mandate is to have every employee share and be involved in the mission and growth of the company.
Welcome to our kitchen! Having served thousands of students over the years, 98% of all graduates are accepted to top Canadian and world universities. Here at Bronte College, our talented cooks and kitchen helpers are serving up more than just burgers and fries. Every breakfast, lunch and dinner, our kitchen serves nutritious, international dishes from various parts of the world to our students.This isn’t your typical school cafeteria.
Please feel free to check out our ever-changing menu here: https://brontecollege.ca/cafeteria/
As a Kitchen Helper / Dishwasher you will:
- Assist kitchen staff in food preparation before and after mealtimes.
- Serving during meal times.
- Aids in completing weekly inventory for order requirements.
- Prevents the spoiling and contamination of food during meal times.
- Assists with stewarding duties (dishwashing).
- Cleaning of the cafeteria area prior, during, and after meal times.
- Minimizes accidents by ensuring applicable health and safety standards are understood and applied in the conduct of all work activities.
- Comply with company policies regarding schedules, uniforms, absenteeism, and tardiness.
- Follow company rules and regulations.
- Ensure a full understanding of all Bronte College policies and procedures, which pertain to your work.
- Maintain company personal appearance and grooming standards.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Practice safety standards and report all unsafe conditions to your immediate supervisor.
- Keep your work area well organized and clean in order to provide fast and efficient service.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Chef.
- Working on public holidays is required.
- Ability to lift or move equipment or objects of at least 25-30 pounds.
- Comprehensive Health & Dental Benefits Package after 3 months (for Full-Time employees only)
- Shift times may vary.
- Working on public holidays is required
You will possess the following requirements:
- High school diploma required.
- Enjoys working in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
- Submit resume through Indeed.
- We thank all applicants for applying and will only contact those selected for an interview.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and Bronte College's Accessibility Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: From $16.55 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends only
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person