We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
As a Contact Center Supervisor , you will be accountable for assisting in managing a team of Representatives responsible for servicing internal and external Canadian Retirement customers. You will effectively use various tools, run reports, and improve processes and systems by providing meaningful feedback to their manager, demonstrating excellent problem-solving skills, and leading by example while demonstrating a range of coaching styles and techniques.
- Effectively manage daily operation of Canada Retirement Contact Center team by coordinating efforts with peers on site and offshore.
- Responsible to monitor, manage, and address assigned KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) including AHT, tNPS, Adherence, QA, etc.
- Must have at least 2 years of direct people management responsibility in a contact center.
- Manage daily and weekly schedules to meet team objectives.
- Assist with creating and analyzing metric reports regularly.
- Recommend and implement service recovery measures.
- Research and respond to all escalated inquiries while being available to support the team.
- Establish and maintain a network of peers in other departments to support effective collaboration and workflow.
- Collaborates effectively and accountably with stakeholders when making exceptions, including Compliance, other departments and individuals who are potentially impacted.
- Facilitate hiring process to ensure compatibility with current team environment.
- Compile and provide updates when require and for information that will be relayed to other JH business units.
- Assist in selection for internship candidates and administer program requirements, including but not limited to serving as a supervisor and/or mentor.
- Support IT Teams and prioritize work based on business strategy and goals.
- Resolve customer escalations approving exceptions when appropriate.
How will you create impact?
You will impact our business at Canada Retirement by running a customer centric operation while keeping our employee engagement high. Your regular interactions with your assigned team members along with frequent coaching conversation will help our department to address any performance related matters promptly and develop the required skills for the growth of our Manulife employees in the company.
Your focus on Customer Experience and coaching our team members will support our organization to lead the industry with a high customer satisfaction.
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage, and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years leadership/supervisory experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Communication skills - Strong verbal and written skills, ability to present to large groups.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Expertise in utilizing business system applications.
- Ability to make informed and timely decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to direct, influence and take initiative.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality.
- Ability to manage staff and customer relationships in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Expert understanding of internal business processes and workflows.
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture: We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity: We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation: We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion : We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship: We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .
The annual base salary for this role is listed below.
CAN, Nova Scotia, Halifax, 2727 Joseph Howe Drive
Salary range is expected to be between
$52,650.00 CAD - $87,750.00 CAD
If you are applying for this role outside of the primary location, please contact [email protected] for the salary range for your location. The actual salary will vary depending on local market conditions, geography and relevant job-related factors such as knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience, and education/training. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in incentive programs and earn incentive compensation tied to business and individual performance.
Manulife offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in Canada includes holidays, vacation, personal, and sick days, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence. If you are applying for this role in the U.S., please contact [email protected] for more information about U.S.-specific paid time off provisions.