In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Site Access Coordinator to join our team! In this role you will get to support the Faro Mine site.
What You'll Be Doing:
- To provide oversite of all Canada sponsored 3rd Party work programs and other external resources granted access to the Faro Mine Complex (FMC) by Canada in support of the Faro Mine Remediation Project (FMRP). This is a single contributor role, reporting directly to the Mine Manager.
- Coordinate with other MCM stakeholders in the review and approval of all required submittal documentation for Canada work programs and tours
- Ensure proposed work sites are pre-inspected for readiness and identified hazards are mitigated prior to the commencement of work and that necessary permits have been obtained
- Working with the Health & Safety Dept., ensure site orientations have been conducted and that a kickoff meeting takes place prior to the commencement of work
- Coordinate work scope activities with appropriate MCM stakeholders where there is potential overlap of work activities and potential synergies
- Provide managerial oversite for all Canada sponsored 3rd Party work programs and other external resources granted access when present at the FMC
- On a daily basis, ensure that all 3rd Parties under their control are made of any known active hazards present at the FMC
- Where subcontractors are employed, ensure their work is captured within the lead contractor scope of work
- Communicate any planned changes in work scope to the appropriate Canada responsible representative and that approval of the change has been granted
- Communicate any contractual issues related to the work scope to the appropriate Canada responsible representative
- Monitor performance and report progress to the appropriate Canada responsible representative
- Working with MCM Health & Safety and Environment stakeholders, audit the outputs of 3rd Parties against committed deliverables identified in submittal documentation
- Prior to demobilization, audit work areas for completeness and ensure any identified issues are addressed in a timely fashion
- Plan and coordinate with internal C&M resources where their support may be required to assist 3rd Parties in support of their work
- Participate in meetings related to 3rd Party work scopes
- Communicate opportunities for contract consolidation, simplification, efficiencies, cost reduction to the appropriate Canada responsible representative when identified
- Where required, liaise with Canada’s 3rd Party consultants when pre-scoping potential future work
- Ensure all 3rd Parties adhere to site access and radio protocols
- Periodically perform audits of 3rd Parties for compliance and adherence to FMC policies and procedures, quality of completed daily FLRA and JHA’s, the 3rd Parties PSHEP and EPP
- Ensures all 3rd Party incidents are immediately reported and investigated in a timely fashion
- Assist other Parsons departments (H&S, Environment, C&M Frontline Supervisors) with risk management coaching and mentoring of new to role staff in the field
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- 10 plus years site experience on a remediation project
- Safe work practices
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
For more than 75 years, our experts have designed and delivered the critical infrastructure that connects and protects communities around the world. We work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as health, vision, dental, employer paid provincial care premiums, life insurance, paid time off, sick leave, all province observed holidays off, and gym membership discounts to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!