People that work at The Keg are known for their personality, drive, and passion! Are you passionate about food and creating outstanding culinary experiences? Are you looking for a place to work with flexible schedules, great discounts, legendary staff events and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow? If so, we want to hear from you!
A Cook's accountabilities could include:
- Cooking of food items in each of the following stations: appetizer, sauté, plates and grill
- Preparation of food items including sauces, salads, garnishes, appetizers, proteins and starches
- Plate presentation in all areas: salads, appetizers, sides, entrees and desserts
- Positive communication and the ability to demonstrate positive qualities in a highly stressful team environment
- Following established procedures and standards for cooking with deep fryers, ovens, sauté stations and grills
- Execution of The Keg’s plating system with the ability to quickly and accurately present all menu items with care, speed and attention to detail
- Setup, takedown and continued cleanliness of the kitchen line and preparation area
- Ensures every plate leaves the kitchen looking amazing
We hire great people, train them well and provide plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. It’s why we have been recognized as a Canadian Top 50 Employer since 2003; including, top 3 on Forbes Canada’s best employer list for 2023 and top 3 for Indeed’s Better Work Awards 2023. We’re looking for energetic, team-oriented applicants who take pride in providing an outstanding food experience.
We’d love to meet you in person, please call for our open interview hours or submit your application by Applying Now. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We appreciate and thank all applicants; however, we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $15.30-$20.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- Store discount
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person