Must have a valid Red Seal Millwright Certification
- The safe and effective installation, modification, and replacement of machinery and parts.
- Operation of lathes, milling machines and surface grinders.
- Read and interpret blueprints and work layouts.
- Must work closely with mechanics, electrical technicians and engineers.
- Maintain a spare parts inventory and order spare parts according to procedures.
- Maintain all machine shop equipment and supplies, including cutting tools, lathes, and milling machines.
- Work during scheduled shutdowns, shift work, and, when necessary, overtime hours to accommodate scheduled maintenance of equipment. Must be on call on weekends on a rotational basis, and must report for duty within a reasonable time limit if called back to work.
- Ensure that the necessary paperwork such as daily work time sheets and callback reports are complete and accurate.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Millwright/Industrial Mechanic Red Seal Certificate required
- Previous shop experience required
- Experienced in the operation of lathes milling machines
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic instruments.
- Knowledge of work and safety regulations.
- Dual ticketed candidates will be considered for increased compensation
- Other combinations of education, experience, knowledge, and skills will be considered
This is a challenging yet rewarding position that requires technical expertise, problem-solving skills, and a commitment to delivering high-quality work. If you are a skilled millwright looking for an opportunity to contribute your expertise in a dynamic industrial setting, we encourage you to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $43.20-$43.21 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person