As a team member of Earth to Table: The Farm, you are a part of the Pearle Hospitality family.
Pearle Hospitality’s mission and focus is to enrich each moment through genuine and thoughtful actions. Each of Pearle Hospitality’s dining establishments, event venues, hotel and spas, are focused on providing guests a setting in which to appreciate and enjoy the good things in life with good people.
Earth To Table: The Farm is a beautiful event venue located 20 minutes from downtown Hamilton. The Farm puts into practice the thoughts and philosophy of Earth to Table, by understanding where food comes from and how to cook in a more environmentally-conscious way. Part working farm, part education center, part event space, The Farm is a scenic and picturesque property that is enjoyable for both guests and team members.
The Dishwasher plays a vital role in the successful operation of the entire property. Awareness, consistency, cleanliness and care are all hallmarks of this position and necessary to be effective. The back and front of house teams rely heavily on output from the Kitchen Steward making efficiency, neatness and preparation critical to the success of this position. The individual in this role works hard and takes pride in providing clean tools for coworkers and guests and presenting a well-maintained and orderly station.
- Prepare the dishwashing station, ensuring all equipment is in full working order and any necessary cleaning agents are stocked
- Understand how to properly and safely operate all equipment
- Effectively clean all dishware and cutlery, pre-soaking/scraping when necessary
- Provide chefs with clean pans, utensils and other tools required for their position
- Assist Chefs and Event Managers with other tasks on the property as required
- Handle dishware and glassware with care and return clean smallwares to their storage areas
- Actively & positively participate in cleaning kitchen areas by sweeping, mopping, clearing and cleaning shelves, etc.
- Reduce accidents by always using the correct signage when equipment is out of order or floors are wet
- Maintain station throughout shift, work neatly and make cleanliness a priority
- Effectively manage time to ensure organizational efficiency
- During peak periods, demonstrate a sense of urgency while remaining poised and seek out additional tasks during slower periods
- Understand the importance of the dishwashing station’s contribution, know how and when to ask for help
- Ensure the health and safety of guests and coworkers by consistently following proper procedures for the use and storage of any chemicals
- Adhere to the Daily Cleaning “To Do” List, ensuring all items are completed in a timely manner
- Meticulously and completely perform the clean up and tear down of the station, ensuring work area is spotless and everything is properly stored
- Maintain positive relationships within the team unit as well as with those outside of it, work together with others toward the common goal of success across the property
What we would like you to bring to the position:
- Kitchen/ Dishwashing experience is an asset
- Ability to tolerate standing for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work weekends and late nights
- WHMIS Certification
Advantages of joining the Earth to Table: The Farm Team
- Competitive wages
- Great discounts at all Pearle Hospitality restaurants, hotels and spas
- Training and Development
- Growth opportunities
- Amazing team and company culture!
Pearle Hospitality and affiliated companies, including Earth to Table: The Farm, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
Expected hours: 16 – 40 per week
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Waterdown, ON L8B 1J3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you available to work weekends?
Work Location: In person