NIC Resource Programs seeks caring, nurturing individuals to work in our specialized supported housing programs based in Nanaimo.
These programs provide homes for children with complex medical and behavioural needs and surrounds them with a loving, supportive family environment.
We currently have two programs/homes in central Nanaimo. One program has been operational for 11 years and supports two children, ages 11 and 13. The second program started in May 2022 and supports one child.
This is a fulfilling and challenging position in which one should:
- have a desire to play, and encourage play in children
- contribute to creating a loving home environment
- be adaptable and able to make decisions quickly and efficiently
- positively contribute to a team environment
Successful applicants should have:
- HCA, Child and Youth Care, Early Childhood Education or Community Support Worker certificate, Social Services diploma or LPN diploma
- A valid class 5 driver’s license
- A successful criminal record check
- Good organizational skills, good listening, writing and speaking skills
- Flexible availability – willing to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
Please submit resume with references.
Care is provided in a residential home on a 24 hour basis. There are primarily 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week.
We have an immediate need for interested individuals seeking a casual position with the potential for a full time position. Start date can be as soon as a successful applicant has cleared the BC Hub screening process.
Job Types: Casual, Full-time
Salary: $24.50-$28.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
All staff currently required to wear masks while indoors with the kids.
Work Location: In person