B2Gold is a low-cost international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2007, today, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous development and exploration projects in various countries including Canada, Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Columbia, Finland, and Uzbekistan. This year, B2Gold forecasts gold production to be 1,000,000- 1,080,000 ounces.
Manager, Technical Services, Nunavut
Reporting to Manager, Mining, this position will be a fly in- fly out 3x3 rotation based in Nunavut, Canada.
- Develop mine designs and integrated plans for operational timeframes; including daily, short range, and budget;
- Accountable for the development of the mine production forecast and analyze production to forecast. Manage deviations from plan to actuals, adjust plans where necessary to ensure overall achievement of targets by the Open pit and Underground departments. Complete and manage the reconciliation process to identify root causes of deviations from mine plans, ensure protocols and standards are being reviewed and updated so that production models are efficient and effective;
- Manage the preparation of the physicals related to the mine plan, ensuring the most effective and efficient use of resources and accurate budget planning;
- Manage the revision and validation of ore blending to optimize recovery and milling rates at the plant and ensures operations are executing the mine plan as designed;
- Ensure the Geology and Engineering teams have considered the right elements in making recommendations to adjust the production models;
- Approve all adjustments to operational protocols and standards, and communicate changes to Open Pit & Underground departments;
- Manage the execution of the grade control program, ensuring resources used in the process produce relevant information required to guide the Mining teams and update the resource and production model; and
- Prepare and report on mineral resources and ore reserves for the mine.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in hard rock mining inclusive of both underground and open pit extraction. In addition, ten (10) years of experience in overseeing the work of chief and senior level engineers, front line supervisors, and specialized professional level staff;
- Bachelor's degree in geological/mine engineering (BEng); and
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation and membership in the Nunavut Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientist or ability to obtain same. Professional registration is mandatory.
For informational purposes, the starting annual salary for this role is $210,000.00 with a 20% bonus.
B2Gold Nunavut offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge, and skills, plus a group benefits package for employees and their dependents.
Kitikmeot Inuit, Nunavut Inuit, and Residents receive priority hiring consideration, if one these categories applies, please state it after the reference number in the subject line. We thank all for their interest but are only considering applicants with working rights in Canada.
B2Gold Nunavut prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives, and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold Nunavut values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
The B2Gold Back River Corp. owned Back River Project is a significant undertaking with contributions from both B2Gold Nunavut and valued Contractors. Although we appreciate your interest in working for B2Gold Nunavut directly; if you are not selected for employment with B2Gold Nunavut or we have no current work available that is suitable for your skill set, B2Gold Nunavut may share your application material with our contractors for positions that they are seeking to fill. If you do not want your resume shared, please indicate so in the subject line of your email and we will retain a copy of your application material for our internal records only.
We will retain application material on file for future vacancies (openings within 6-12 months) for consideration; however, you are encouraged to apply to any opening you may be suited for. If selected to move forward a member of our team will be in touch.
This post will remain open until 12:00AM MST October 6th, 2023, unless a suitable candidate is not found. We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Nunavut; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.