Hecla Yukon is a Canadian primary silver company that owns and operates the majority of the historic Keno Hill Silver District in Canada's Yukon Territory, one of the highest-grade silver mines in the world. Hecla Yukon was acquired by Hecla Mining Company effective September 7, 2022 and is a 100 percent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Hecla Mining Company.
Located 350 km north of Whitehorse, in Canada’s Yukon Territory, the Keno Hill Silver District lies within the traditional territory of the First Nation of Na-Cho Nyak Dun. It comprises 242 km2 with numerous mineral deposits and more than 35 historical past-producing mine sites. The District is connected to the Yukon Energy hydro power generation grid, has all-season highway access from Whitehorse and is serviced by a year-round airport in the village of Mayo, which is 50 kilometers away from Keno Hill.
Company Operating Name: Hecla Yukon
Business Address: #3 Calcite Business Centre, 151 Industrial Rd., Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2V3
Location of Work: Hecla Keno Hill mine site, 4 kms northwest of Keno City
Job Title: UG Construction Superintendent
Terms of Employment: Full-time, permanent. At the Keno Hill mine site in the Yukon Territory, the UG Construction Superintendent will work 12 hours/day, 14 days consecutively, followed by the same number of days off.
- USD $147,000 per year;
- Eligible to participate in Short Term Incentive Plan (STIP) and Long-Term Incentive Plan (LTIP)
- As per employment agreement;
- Eligible to participate in comprehensive health benefit plans
- Dental Plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
- Life Insurance
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Long-Term Disability
- Eligible to participate in Hecla’s Capital Accumulation Plan
- Cafeteria Plan
- Signing bonus
- Learning/training paid by employer
- On-site amenities
- On-site housing options
- Travel costs to and from Keno Hill site
- Travel insurance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes job site safety, rectifies job site hazards, and ensures adherence to all safety & health and environmental regulations.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction activities from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget.
- Manage the project scope, quality, control budget and management of change system.
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules.
- Prepare and issue progress reports and schedules to leadership.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Direct the purchase of construction materials as required.
- Supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers and fellow managers and employees.
- Maintains an organized job site and office.
- Perform any other reasonable job tasks as requested.
- Minimum Education:
- Work Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of UG supervisory experience
- Minimum of 5 years working as owners representative managing underground contractors.
- Experience constructing UG hydrostatic bulkheads.
- Proficient at understanding and implementing complex comprehensive ground control management systems.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience rehabilitating historic underground workings.
- Experience in underground construction environment is a must.
- Thorough knowledge of all safety, health, and environmental regulations as they pertain to the work and workplace.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Ability to recommend operational changes to senior management when necessary to ensure that budgets, timeframes, and procedures are met.
- Leadership qualities including character, teamwork, communication, business sense and vision.
Minimum 5 years experience rehabilitating historic underground workings
Experience constructing UG hydrostatic bulkheads
5 year(s): Minimum 5 years working as owners representative managing underground contractors
5 year(s): Minimum 5 years of UG supervisory experience