We are looking for an Account Director that will lead our Accounts team and manage senior client and agency relationships. You will have a keen sense of what we do, how we do it and who we do it for, while also translating client needs and requirements to services we can offer. You will drive client satisfaction and ensure continued revenue growth as two key metrics of your success and that of your team. You will also ensure your team are coordinating projects effectively, efficiently and profitably all the while maintaining client relationships that are key to our success.
- Earn new business from a variety of sources, including current and previous networks/contacts, formal procurement, pitches, etc. with firm targets each quarter.
- Converse with new or repeat clients on the services offerings available and how they align with business needs and objectives.
- Present and Pitch new ideas or new business to current or future clients/prospects with sound methodologies, and unique approaches that would set us apart.
- Think on your feet to answer queries from clients based on past experience.
- Oversee strategies, and work products being delivered to clients to ensure all requirements are met and per our standard.
- Lead an accounts team and ensure revenue growth for the agency across the board.
- Keep accounts on budget, on time and maintaining good long term relationships with the clients to garner future business.
- Provide for quarterly reports on the progress of the Accounts team and ensure there are key strategies employed to ensure targets are met regularly by all members of the team.
- Manage large client relationships with assistance from the Accounts team.
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or related field. Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 5+ years progressive account management experience in an Advertising Agency
- 5+ years in a leadership role (direct or indirect) preferred
- Project Management certification from PMI or equivalent preferred.
- Fluency in both official languages is preferred
- Have managed large multi-national accounts.
- Are able to secure new deals and client relationships through standard procurement processes and networks developed over the years, meeting or exceeding your revenue targets for the year.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Adobe InDesign & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships within the agency and with our clients
- Have a keen sense of being able to mitigate any client concerns leading to fruitful solutions and long term relationships.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to lead a team to ensure their individual and collective success with accountability on the revenue generation for each team member.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: In person