NYRC is looking for an Intake Coordinator to join our team!
The Intake Coordinator handles all aspects of a referral from receipt of referral through scheduling, on to confirming attendance. Duties include, but not limited to, intake, scheduling, review of medical documents, customer service, data entry, telephone duties, and clinic coverage.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of one year related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience in a medical office preferred.
Must possess complete knowledge of general computer, fax, copier, scanner, and telephone.
- Must be knowledgeable of multiple software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and the Internet.
- Must be a qualified typist with a minimum of 40 W.P.M.
- Ability to follow instructions and respond to management’s directions accurately.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
- Must take ownership of work
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize work activities and use time efficiently.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have the desire and ability to build positive relationships with customers, vendors and all internal staff.
North York Rehabilitation Centre Corp. (NYRC) is a Canadian company that has evolved from a privately owned, multidisciplinary rehabilitation facility to a national leader in the provision of independent medical evaluation (IME) services.
Founded in 1991, NYRC is a nationally recognized brand name with a strong Canada-wide network and a reputation as one of the country’s top independent medical evaluation companies. Since its inception, NYRC has excelled at producing high quality, accurate, defensible, and objective reports authored by expert examiners.
NYRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to protected veteran status, qualified individuals with disabilities and all individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
Handles the Intake of new referrals of various types from a variety of sources
- Reviews for complete information, appropriateness of assessor requested for benefits in question, determine if CAT review is required
- Inputs referral information into IME-Centric, adding case notes and archives emails in IME-Centric per Company policies
- Schedules examinations through IME Centric for single and multiple assessments
- Schedules and confirms appointment dates and times with physicians' offices
- Communicates with clients regarding appointment scheduling, physician CV's, appointment changes, no shows, cancellations, and receipt of medical records and/or images. Communicate with examinee as required by the client.
- Coordinates with the client to obtain required medical records prior to examination
- Reviews medical documents to check for conflict of interest, breaches in confidentiality, remove duplicates and confirm questions have been received and match the type of assessment requested. Moves cases to the appropriate queue to have medical documents sent to the assessor.
- Communicates with physicians, clients and or examinees regarding any changes due to cancellation or rescheduling
- Coordinates ancillary services such as interpretation, chaperones, transportation, and or exam site rentals when needed. Ensures the appropriate steps are taken to cancel and/or reschedule services upon appointment change or cancellation
- Make reminder calls to examinees in advance of the assessment date
- Confirms if examinee has attended assessment and requests consent forms. Inform client of any no shows and ask for direction.
- Handles and responds promptly to incoming calls, e- mails or faxes from physicians or clients requesting report status and/or information
- Assists with clinic coverage as required
- Arrange lodging and or transportation for out-of-town examinees, assists with directions, etc. Arranges for diagnostic tests as required.
- Monitors various work queues to ensure all cases are followed up on and moved forward per company standards
- Participate in various educational and or training activities as required
- Other duties as assigned