Customized Employment Coordinator
VIVRS Customized Employment Coordinator will be devoted to serve specialized populations including individuals with diverse abilities and multiple barriers to employment who based on their significant needs require very intensive support, to assist them in obtaining and maintaining employment. The Customized Employment Coordinator will be responsible for delivering the Customized Employment job search methodology including its two phases: 1) Discovery assessment and the development on an Employment Profile and 2) Job Carving to attain the needs of both the Client and the Employer.
- Coordinate the delivery of community-based Discovery assessment including arranging relevant activities that serve as the basis for assessing transferrable skills; activities could include home visit and a variety of community activities;
- Collect Discovery findings in an Employment Profile that will serve as blueprint for the subsequent Job Carving phase; the profile includes summary of Client’s strengths and considerations as well as the identification of 3 Employment Themes;
- Conduct Planning Meeting with Client’s support network to determine next steps into placement;
- Document Discovery progress with a high-level of accuracy to comply with contract needs.
- Arrange Work Experience placements for clients for the purpose of assessing Client’s readiness or to determine the suitability of an Employment Theme;
- Negotiate employment opportunities for Clients entailing carving a new job or modifying an existing one by negotiating duties, accommodations, ideal conditions of employment according to Client needs and natural supports;
- Provide necessary supports for Clients to be successful during placements in the form of onsite support or Financial supports as needed;
- Provide onsite support in the form of intensive job coaching to ensure Client is supported to learn and perform all the duties of the job independently and that needed natural supports are in place;
- Collaborate with VIVRS Placement Team to support Clients and establish and maintain relationships with employers.
- Provide Follow Up support for up to 52 weeks to ensure Clients obtain permanent labor market attachment;
- Maintain regular contact with Clients to achieve Outcomes as per WorkBC policy and intervene as necessary to ensure job retention and reaching Outcomes including obtaining proof of employment;
- Provide or coordinate onsite supports based on Client needs.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in relevant field (e.g. career development, vocational rehabilitation, social work, human services, education, human resources, counselling, customized employment, etc.)
- Previous experience working with specified specialized populations
- Knowledge of Labour Market and local trends
- Working towards or holding professional designation such as CCDP, RRP, etc.
- Criminal Record Check (vulnerable populations)
- Driver’s license and own transportation
- Working flexible hours will be required
This is a 35 hrs/week position. Please apply by email at [email protected]
Start date: September 12, 2023
Job Type: Full-time