Donalda Golf & Country Club, founded in 1960, is a prestigious year-round private club that offers a high standard of social, athletic and dining facilities to our members and their families. Our caring and attentive staff members are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every member and guest. Our Club is a place where high expectations aren't just met, they are exceeded by making our members and guests feel special.
We are seeking passionate, self-motivated individuals to join our dynamic kitchen brigade as a Dishwasher. This position provides the qualified candidate with long-term growth opportunities within a highly respected private club.
The dishwasher is responsible for maintaining the various food preparation facilities in a clean, neat and to the Toronto Public Health compliant way. Is also responsible for the set up and dismantling of buffets, removal of waste products and handling of all kitchen cleaning chemicals.
What we offer:
An Overview of Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Medical/Pension benefits (Applicable for Full-Time employees)
- Long term disability and life insurance
- Paid sick days and vacation in accordance with Club policy
- Complimentary staff meals (Taxable benefit)
- Complimentary parking
- Wellness Bursary
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Hourly rate from $17.25
- Constant reorganizing of equipment, plates, small wares in storage.
Cleans pots, dishes and kitchen equipment as required
Job Specifications/Qualifications Required:
- Restocks w ashed and dried items in proper location.
- Operates & Monitors dishwashing machines to ensure proper performance and chemical levels.
- Ensures that the kitchen is maintained in a clean and hygienic state at all times according to Toronto Health standards
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floors and walk-in coolers twice daily.
- Ensures that the kitchen is properly cleaned before ending shift.
- Ensures that all cooking and kitchen equipment is turned off nightly.
- Sets up, polishes and removes all items required for buffet cooking and hot holding.
- Assists in the general set up and dismantling of buffet, food station and barbecue functions.
- Restocks all kitchen hand wash stations with soap and paper towels.
- Monitors and cleans drains, grease traps.
- Washes walls and storage facilities.
- Other kitchen related duties as assigned by Chef, Sous Chef or first cooks .
- Grade 10 or equivalent is recommended.
- 2 years’ experience performing similar duties is required.
- Reading English labels and manuals is required.
- Ability to comprehend and implement Toronto Public Health standards, Donalda Club work standards.
- Must be able to: protect themselves and others from misuse of chemical and cleaning products, apply common sense to all situations, carry out instructions in either written, oral, or diagram form, interact with coworkers in a positive manner.
- Ability to do strenuous physical labour:
Ability to work in a hot environment (110F).
Ability to lift 50lbs. for a distance of 10 meters.
Ability to lift 40 lbs. containers three feet off the ground.
Ability to use chemicals including bleach.
Ability to climb 2 flights of stairs.
- Must be WHIMIS trained
- Must be available for all shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
Please note that duties will be added, deleted or assigned as required.
Donalda Club is an equal-opportunity employer. We are actively working towards creating a diverse work environment because we believe our teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
Our goal is to be an inclusive, diverse, and a respectful work environment where every person can enjoy a successful career at Donalda. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, place of origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability, age, and any other protected characteristic. Donalda also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities or based on a sincerely held religious belief, in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about accommodation or need assistance with completing the application process, please contact Human Resources.