We are looking for a Lead Cook to join our kitchen staff at Hollett Park Living in Grand Falls-Windsor, NL!
- Manage and train a kitchen staff.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen.
- Oversee cleaning and maintain cleanliness of kitchen.
- Ensure that food quality and freshness is maintained.
- Maintain appropriate food inventory.
- Order food and supplies from our suppliers on a regular basis.
- Order supplies and equipment to prepare food.
- Work with other kitchen staff to ensure that all food orders are handled appropriately and that food quality and freshness is maintained.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the team in matters of food preparation, presentation and safety.
- Work with other departments to ensure the restaurant is running smoothly.
- Work with the General Manager of the facility in the execution of daily operations.
- Work with management to monitor and develop our menu.
- Working with kitchen helpers to develop plan to cover when a cook cannot make it to work.
- Develop a roster of call in cooks when others cannot make it to work.
- Responsible to fill the cook position if no call-in cook is available.
- Responsible to find fill ins when kitchen helpers not available.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a high-volume, full-service restaurant setting.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, with multiple tasks to complete in a fast-paced environment, and with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work well with others as a team player.
- Must be able to stand for 8-10 hours per day, including an extended shift period.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs., often more due to frequent use of equipment and ingredients.
$19.50/Hour to start, reviewed in December.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.50-$22.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person