The Parts Handler is responsible for off-loading and collecting parts either doing it manually or with a crane. Other responsibilities include checking parts for quality and finish.
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Team Work
Maintain high production numbers for daily goals
De-burr parts with grinder, brush or file, as necessary.
Check parts meet quality standards, completing all assigned Quality checks.
Produce product with an emphasis on quality
Participate in training and cross training, improvement initiatives including health and safety and quality improvement
Adhere to all workplace safety policies, compliances and regulations
Use all required safety equipment, e.g. Steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses / goggles, etc.
Specific to off-loading (laser plant):
Off-load laser parts from the machine either manually or with a crane, depending on size and weight.
Separate laser cut parts by size, and type (bent parts or flat parts) on to different pallets.
Specific to collecting (welding plant):
Collect and organize parts needed for weld work orders.
Bring parts to weld stations when needed.
Move completed parts away from weld stations
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Ability to read and understand shop drawings
- Able to work as a functioning member of a team
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written, preferred
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Safety equipment may be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
Meridian Manufacturing Inc., supports employees and candidates by providing reasonable accommodations in the workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.