Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $26.51 - $26.51 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends as an exceptional place to work. A 2022 BC Top Employer, we value diversity in the work force and seek to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
We hire great people for outstanding jobs and need your help to expand the ability to deliver prompt and professional service. We are looking for a Casual Contract Clerk to provide support within our Physician Compensation team at the Uptown Latitude office located in New Westminster, B.C. In this role, you will report to the Coordinator as you process and perform payable functions for your assigned area.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Effective October 26th 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Processes and performs payable functions for an assigned area; processes payments, compiles contract and/or financial data and prepares related reports; liaises with various stakeholders to obtain information and responds to inquires regarding contract payments; performs related clerical support functions.
- Prepares and modifies contract documentation in accordance with established policies and procedures utilizing various software applications; matches invoices to hours report and reconciles invoices to the contract number in the database; verifies coding and calculations, as required.
- Reconciles invoices for accuracy by checking items such as quantities, rates, tax, extensions, signed authorization and totals; reports discrepancies to the Coordinator, Physician Compensation, as required.
- Compiles contract and/or financial data, as directed; researches, organizes and summarizes information for reports; investigates discrepancies such as disputed accounts, late payments and missing invoices; refers issues to the Coordinator, Physician Compensation for follow up; responds to contract enquiries such as payments to contractors, agencies and its clients, contract preparation and status of contracts; obtains, investigates and/or provides information, as required.
- Maintains a contract database, monitors expenditures and provides input and assistance, as required; investigates unmatched documents, database errors missing invoices and other discrepancies by contacting the department(s) involved.
- Coordinates the distribution of contract documentation for contract approvals by mailing related documents and ensuring signatures for authorization are obtained and forwarded to applicable office; maintains a tracking system for contract processing and verifies authorization and completeness of contract administration processes.
- Enters period end journal vouchers to the General Ledger by obtaining supporting information/documentation to ensure adequate backup for the journal voucher entry.
- Reviews employee expense reimbursement claims to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures by verifying approval has been obtained including appropriate backup information; verifies the accuracy of the employee expense reimbursement claims for processing by Accounts Payable.
- Performs records management duties such as setting up and maintaining manual and electronic filing systems for contract documentation and related material, in accordance with policies and procedures; inputs information in a computerized database and draft various correspondence utilizing various software applications.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized accounting course and two (2) years' recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with other effectively
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment