AccessSMT is a leading supplier, installer and project manager of solutions driven offerings in Construction Divisions 8, 28 and 10 which include Architectural Hardware, Access Control and Building Security Systems, Hollow Metal Doors and Frames, Wood Doors and Frames, Specialty Doors, Construction Specialties, Lockers, Partitions, Washroom Accessories and Visual and Display Boards. Please visit our web site at https://accesssmt.com/
We are looking for a Branch Manager responsible for our Vancouver branch.
The Branch Manager is responsible for directing and leading a business unit, including full profit and loss responsibility for all facets of the branch. This role requires an individual who is a strong people's manager, collaborative, results oriented problem solver, with an entrepreneurial spirit. It is critical that this leadership role oversees all aspects of the location, including but not limited to operations, strong project management and culture morale, customer excellence, excellent skills in sales, production administration and employee culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for profit and loss statement, must have a strong command of all line items, required to manage any profits or losses that directly affect AccessSMT’s financial success.
2. Responsible for communicating the actualities of a profit and loss statement to the executive team. Must be able to suggest next steps or potential solutions to any loss experience in designated location(s).
3. Develop and maintain selling relationships with key builders, architects and other construction industry influencers
4. Plan and prioritize strategic selling activities to achieve business goals and grow sales within existing customer base and developing new business relationships; ensuring gross margins and overall business objectives are maintained
5. Manage and develop new customers through proposals, ethical sales methods and relevant interdepartmental dependencies to optimize quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction
6. Manage and work towards the continuous improvement of the location including establishing and managing all operational processes, practices, templates, procedures, and partnerships
7. Ensure appropriate company systems and process are in place and being followed, including managing transition and change management with the introduction of new systems/processes.
8. Liaise with the company’s Corporate Support Services, including business analysts and process directors, marketing, business development, procurement, human resources, finance and IT to facilitate the planning and execution of joint go-to-market activities and ensures that the products/services are well aligned with the company’s core strategy, mission, vision, values and objectives.
9. Proactively manage key customer relationships and ensure that the profile of the business in the community is positive, active and aligned with our brand.
10. Instill a customer focused culture throughout all departments of the branch inclusive of support for troubleshooting, navigating and resolving customer concerns, issues and problems
11. Train, coach, mentor, performance manage/ evaluate, and oversee staff; Oversee day-to-day location logistics and work to encourage and facilitate continued growth of skills, product/ process knowledge in the industry, and work output
12. Collaborate with the company health and safety advisors to ensure a safe, secure and legal work environment
13. Supports the development and success of company’s inclusive diverse workplace culture and climate; promoting inclusivity through successful relationships and encouraging participation and involvement of others
14. Responsible for the facility of human resources responsibilities such as orienting onboarding training plans, retention strategies and performance management plans.
Supervisory / Leadership Responsibilities
- Maintains a positive and professional manner even under changing or uncertain conditions. Works well with a wide arrange of individuals to provide support, coaching, encouragement and direction. Engages others in order to accomplish organizational goals and strategies and create optimum working conditions
- Champions the organization both internally and externally, models exceptional behavior that aligns with AccessSMT’s mission, vision, values and culture.
- Develops and aligns organizational goals that fit within the team and individual objectives
- Builds commitment and engagement to the vision, mission, and value of the organization, inclusive of providing recognition and encouragement to the team and others within the organization
- Communicates organizational successes internally and externally
- Establishes a high level of credibility with staff, stakeholders, clients, and self. Builds and maintains partnerships that are critical to the ongoing success and image of the organization
- Considers both organizational needs and individual needs in order to create solutions that will enable top performance and success
- Builds and maintains partnerships that are critical to the ongoing success and image of the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Consistently delivers work that exceeds the expectations of the position, team and organization; finds and resolves errors in their own work and when required, in that of others. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents in this role operate with honesty and transparency in actions, tasks and expectations.
Education and/or Experience
§ Undergraduate degree or diploma in related field
§ 7-10 years’ experience in a related field
§ Minimum 5 years’ experience leading and managing a team
§ Well developed customer service and sales ability
§ Strong financial and business acumen
§ Strong people's person
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a well-developed understanding and proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel, ERP systems, and other related sales and project management software.
Other Skills and Abilities
Human Relations Skills
The individual in this position places a high value on teamwork and sets values and objectives that encourages team cohesion including:
- Develops a team that offers a diverse range of perspectives and experience in order to develop plans or actions that consider all factors.
- Consistently works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal, participates in group activities, fostering a team environment.
- Displays honesty and transparency that exhibit the values and mission of the workplace, consistently representing organizational values
- Demonstrates consistent actions and behaviours, providing mentorship and leadership to employees that align with corporate values
- Proactively supports employees not just in their designated branch, but in other branch locations.
§ Strives towards continuous improvement and operational excellence
§ Professional appearance and presentation; displays the behaviours and competencies that are expected of the position and the organization
§ Excellent time management and prioritization skills
§ Does the right things at the right time and in a manner that complies with the processes and procedures of the organization and the law
At AccessSMT we put our people first. We understand that our value of unmatched expertise and professionalism come directly from our dedicated team. We are a passionate group that has fun and cares about one another. The growth of our business depends on our people and so we invest in ensuring they grow with our business through career advancement, educational opportunities and security. Once our people are onboard, we work just as hard to keep them by offering competitive base salary, extended medical and dental, Employee and Family Assistance Program, RRSP matching, work flexibility, educational opportunities, career development and much more.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have construction background experience?
- management: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person