At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
- Position acts as Trusted Advisor to STERIS Customers in maintenance and procurement of medical devices and consumable products as part of a high performing team.
- Drive an exceptional Customer experience by providing on-site preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, equipment modification and installation support on complex mechanical, electro-mechanical and electronic units in a high stress healthcare environment.
- Provide superior Customer service by pro-actively interacting and communicating with Customers.
- Utilize advanced technology to complete administrative requirements, aid in troubleshooting issues and improve the overall Customer experience.
- Promote STERIS growth through identifying and recommending products and services to Customers.
- Exhibits professionalism at all times.
- Drive Customer satisfaction through pro-active communication and commitment to resolving Customer’s issues/problems expediently.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance required on STERIS and related product lines in a safe and efficient manner. This includes: disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting, adjusting/calibrating, and certifying equipment ready for use by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment (i.e., schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, etc).
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, overhaul, or refurbish standard and special purpose equipment and systems components.
- Ensure a positive Customer experience by providing timely PM performance, service calls, warranty calls, field upgrade programs, etc. Perform minor installations as required.
- Utilize technology (smart phone, computer, and related software and applications) to perform administrative duties as assigned to ensure effective planning, utilization, and required document completion. This includes, but is not limited to: planning daily and weekly schedule to achieve optimum utilization; communicate effectively with internal and external Customers; troubleshoot equipment, improve productivity, learn new technologies; complete service reports and activities on-site; maintain on-site Customer Service Logs/Total Maintenance Care books according to STERIS procedures; and maintain tools and parts inventory to prescribed levels as required by District Service Manager.
- Maintain a working relationship with the District Service Manager to advise of activity/changes related to sales opportunities in assigned territory.
- Establish and maintain effective, communicative relationships with Customers, managers, support functions and the sales organization. Communicate activities to Customers related to scheduling Preventative Maintenance and estimated time of arrival for unscheduled work. Pro-actively respond to and resolve Customer problems/issues. Utilize provided product and industry knowledge to assure Customer’s expectations of service are exceeded. Actively seek continuing education opportunities.
- Increase company growth through identifying sales opportunities, and recommending STERIS products/services to Customers. Communicate leads to management and sales staff. Be a positive ambassador for STERIS at Customer sites.
- Respond to routine Customer and sales questions regarding equipment operation and performance. At the District Service Manager’s discretion, provide on-site support to the sales organization, limited to identifying opportunities, sizing, and utility requirements.
- Maintain courteous and professional demeanor when working with Customers, contractors, management, and fellow employees. Utilize Customer protocols when entering and exiting facilities and abide by all STERIS and Customer Health & Safety protocols and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in electronics, mechanical or similar discipline, plus one to two years of related experience strongly preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED with minimally two years’ relevant experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal and Customer communication skills.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong Customer communications experience and demonstrated ability to build positive rapport and partner with a variety of Customers.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers and Windows software. Proficiency with web technologies and navigating internet/intranet sites.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility to handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Ability to work flexible hours, sometimes outside “normal business hours” and travel as required.
- The Scientific Division requires general knowledge of GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) and GLPs (Good Laboratory Practices)
- Valid driver’s license.
- Position requires routine walking, bending, kneeling, and squatting, sitting, standing, reaching, and twisting.
- Must perform work from floor level to above shoulder height. Must routinely lift/lower/carry 1 to 35 pounds (daily), occasionally lift/lower 36 to 49 pounds (8 per month), and lift/lower 50 to 100+ pounds periodically (2 per year).
- Must climb ladders and/or scaffolds and work above floor height. Must crouch, stoop or squat to work inside or under equipment, or move through low headroom spaces.
- Position requires routine pushing, pulling, grasping and manual dexterity in the use of hands, arms and shoulders.
- Walking great lengths at a time and standing for extended periods of time
- Able to work in tight spaces.
- Push/pull wheeled transporters and/or palletized product using up to approximately 50 lbs of force.
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Work in and around hospital personnel, sensitive medical equipment and patients.
- Must travel to customer sites that include, but are not limited to: hospitals, operating rooms, laboratories, surgi-centers, pharmaceutical production facilities, animal research centers, and possibly morgues. May be subject to customer drug testing, customer specific safety training, or customer SOP training.
- Flexible scheduling may be required to accommodate customer needs. This may include working outside of an 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM workday and weekends.
- Required to live within 50 miles of the center of the territory.
- Commute within assigned territory is compensable after the first 30 minutes (or 25 miles) of drive time in the morning and the last 30 minutes (or 25 miles) of drive time in the evening.
- The expectation is that all FSR I’s pass an assessment for promotion to FSR II by no later than their 4th annual review with STERIS. Continued employment with STERIS in an FSR capacity is dependent upon the successful completion of the assessment and promotion to FSR II.
STERIS is a leading global provider of products and services that support patient care with an emphasis on infection prevention. WE HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD by providing innovative healthcare, life sciences and dental products and services. STERIS is a $5 billion, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 17,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.