Disabiliy Case Manager
Are you passionate about health, wellness and playing a positive role in assisting individuals in their return to work? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, flexible and collaborative environment where you are encouraged to share your ideas? Are you well organized with strong customer service skills and able to demonstrate empathy? If the answer is yes, we want to meet you!
Our clients trust us to provide sound guidance and navigate their recovery to re-gain full quality of life. Working with a diverse team of health care professionals you would be responsible for managing the full short term disability process for a group of clients.
A leader in the industry of ability management, Acclaim has offices across Canada working with Employers, Insurers, Lawyers and Government programs to assist individuals in their efforts to return to work or activities of daily living after illness or injury in a timely healthy manner.
What’s in it for you?
- We foster and support continuous learning and development with a high rate of internal promotion
- Encourage work-life balance and well-being through company group fitness classes, nutrition consultations, and discounts on fitness memberships
- Health and dental benefits program
- Ability to work with a diverse team of qualified health professionals
- Manager, Employer Services
- Access, review and adjudicate short-term disability claims in regards to the functional health and wellness of employees by gathering relevant information and medical documentation.
- Conduct case assessments, contacting the employee and their direct manager/HR to explain the disability management process and gather information for assessment purposes.
- Develop and document an understanding of the situation and the factors/barriers inhibiting a successful return to work for the employee.
- Determine an appropriate return-to-work (RTW) plan with the employee and the employer; provide active support for the RTW planning process between stakeholders.
- Comply with ethical, professional and legal requirements based on the client policies and procedures, as well as Federal and Provincial legislative regulations.
- Liaise with the HR professionals within the client group and with medical professionals regarding the case management aspect of the role.
- Communicate proactively with employer representatives regarding any case management issues that may impact the workplace and RTW planning.
- Perform file reviews with employer contacts.
- Manage the transition from STD to LTD when applicable.
- Coordinate and attend employer visits, as required.
- Schedule, conduct and/or participate in required meetings, providing input and suggestions.
- Promote awareness of health and safety issues and stay current with disability and wellness practices.
- Attend workshops, career development and continuing education opportunities to maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of issues that affect the position.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company Mission Statement, Philosophy, and ethical standards.
- Respect and protect the privacy of information relating to all company clients, employees, and business affairs.
- Strong customer service experience with the ability to build and manage relationships both internal and external.
- Possess an understanding of medical terminology, concepts, accommodation and return to work.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Bilingual French & English is considered an asset
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences (e.g. psychology, sociology, etc), or professional degree (i.e. social work, occupational therapy, kinesiology, nursing)
- 3-5 years’ experience in disability management
- Professional designations in the field are considered an asset (e.g. Certified Disability Management Professional, Certified Return to Work Coordinator)
Acclaim is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
If you require accommodation to apply, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Disability Case Management: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person