AWARE-NS is currently seeking a dynamic, collaborative, and well-qualified individual to fill the position of Executive Assistant, Resources and Communications.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this positionis responsible for day-to-day support to the Executive Director, OHS Program functions and board governance. This role provides administrative support of business functions for effective and efficient operations and communications. This includes support for effective internal financial controls, coordination of daily operational processes, website / social media management, file management and report preparation.
The ideal candidate has strong relevant experience in non-profit organizations, including, financial, data management, project coordination, report preparation, digital platforms/social media and board support functions, and relationship building.
Responsibilities of the Executive Assistant, Resources and Communications include, but are not limited to:
Resources and Reports:
· Internal Financial Controls: Coordinating and supporting internal financial processes, project development and related support functions.
· Reporting: Gathers information and edits/formats reports required periodically and annually that present the work and accomplishments of AWARE-NS
· Resources and Logistics: Working in consultation with the Executive Director and other staff, as assigned per the annual operational plan and strategic goals to implement and assess programs and services.
· Stakeholder Engagement and Partnerships: Supports the development and maintenance of external contracts, communication, and stakeholder relationships.
· Customer Services: Respond to direct inquiries and requests for information on programs and services, whether by email, telephone or in person.
· Outcomes, Satisfaction, and Impact: Identify and support performance metrics.
· Perform various resource-related organizational tasks to support team members and programs.
· Brand Awareness, Promotion, and Reporting: Support AWARE-NS communication strategy. Assist in writing and developing promotional materials and information to support awareness of AWARE-NS programs and services.
· Social Media: Builds and sustains a relevant social media profile for AWARE-NS programs and services in support of sector relationships.
· Online Learning Management: Becomes familiar with the AWARE-NS Learning Management System as needed to support the team and future work.
· AWARE-NS Website: Experience posting on and updating WordPress-based websites.
· Works collaboratively with other team members as required to support effective relationships as determined through ongoing program development.
· Builds relationships with board and committee members, industry partners, and external stakeholders to complete the duties of the role.
- Works within AWARE-NS policies, procedures, and operational strategic plan, but has latitude in making decisions on routine tasks; able to identify, consider, and recommend system and process improvement and change process as it relates to the role.
- Consults with the Executive Director on issues that are more complex and require policy and process development.
Self-Awareness and Development:
- Works independently with little supervision, on a daily operational basis.
- Maintains a positive attitude focused on total organizational success.
- Is aware of and works within all Team and Organizational strategies, plans, and team standards.
- Consults with AWARE-NS staff and ED as necessary to ensure policy, partner, and program integrity.
- Identifies and brings forward opportunities for program expansion / cross program alliances and seeks appropriate approval before commencing new initiatives.
Knowledge and Skill Requirement:
- Excellent computer skills. Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- The ability to effectively understand and interpret complex written materials.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly developed organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and capacity-building skills.
- Proactive approach to problem solving and solutions.
- Basic knowledge of the health and community services sectors.
- Basic knowledge of employee health and safety standards.
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary education with a concentration in business. Human resources or project management is considered an asset.
- 5 years relevant experience as an Executive Assistant
- Experience in planning, program evaluation and reporting preferred.
- Experience in managing Programs and Services preferred.
- Experience working in a team-focused environment an asset.
- Experience in the non-profit sector, and healthcare focused industry is an asset.
- Experience working with various stakeholders, including community groups, non-profit, business representatives, educators and government agencies an asset.
- Predominantly indoor office environment.
- Sitting for extended periods of time at a desk.
- Frequent work-related interruptions.
- Occasional light lifting. (no more that 35 lbs)
Working with AWARE-NS:
- Join a team where you can grow personally and professionally with opportunities for professional development and collaborative projects.
- Join a team that provides a publicly accountable and respectful working environment that is diverse, safe, and inclusive.
- Join a team that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Salary commensurate with experience and education. Other benefits include health benefits, pension plan, vacation and personal days, free parking. Support for relevant Professional Development.
Interested and qualified applicants are to submit a written letter of application and a complete resume to Susan@ awarens.ca.
We Thank all candidates for their interest, but regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $49,000.00-$61,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person