DISHWASHER - WEEKENDS
(every weekend, 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday)
We’re Signature Retirement Living, and we believe that enjoying life is what Vibrant Seniors Living should be all about. We hire outstanding people who truly care about seniors and understand their needs. We value our staff and believe in providing a culture that cultivates and celebrates success, offering excellent benefits and perks, and a vibrant, fun, safe work environment and much more! As we continue to expand, we invite you to be a part of building a reputation that will stand the test of time. If you are passionate, creative, caring and energetic, we would like to hear from you!
LaSalle Park Retirement Community, located in Burlington, Ontario is actively seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the successful incumbent in the position of Dishwasher will be responsible for the cleanliness of the kitchen, including dishes, glassware and kitchen apparatus/ equipment.
· Operating dishwashing equipment, heavy duty cleaning of stove and ovens, vent hoods, deep fryers, char broilers, trash compactors and all small kitchen appliances.
· Cleaning of floors and walls, cabinets and food preparation areas to ensure a sanitary environment which passes all health and safety regulations and inspections.
· Unpacking and storing of incoming groceries.
· Continuously follow our “good customer service” principle and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices.
· Adhere to legislated and Company standards, policies, procedures and practices.
· Frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
· Handle exposure to extreme temperatures.
· Occasionally working at heights above 10ft.
· Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised on a regular basis.
· Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hrs per day.
· Exposure to cleaning chemicals.
WHO YOU ARE
· Have a High School Diploma and/or equivalent.
· Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
· Knowledge in restaurant kitchen duties.
· Knowledgeable in Health and Safety and Public Health regulations.
· Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with team members, residents and other departments.
· Must be able to provide a police check with a vulnerable sector screen upon hire.
· Must be able to provide a record of immunization for TB test upon hire.
· Must be able to provide a record of vaccination for COVID-19 (minimum 2 doses) upon hire.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, candidates who require accommodation throughout the application and/or selection processes may contact the Executive Director for assistance.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $16.55 per hour
Expected hours: 15 per week
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Every Weekend
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burlington, ON L7T 0B3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person