Branch Manager – Dartmouth
Spark Power, a trusted partner in energy in North America, is looking for a Branch Manager for our Dartmouth operation. The Branch Manager will be responsible for all aspects of branch development, customer relationship management, building and managing a strong electrical contracting team. The Branch Manager will have significant contact with customers and will need to interpret their requests and then assign appropriate resources to meet their needs.
What will you do as a Branch Manager at Spark Power?
- Conduct self in a professional manner with internal team members and customers,
- Manage team within a fast paced, customer-focused environment including training, scheduling, hiring, ensuring compliance with company standards,
- Promote a positive company culture,
- Participate in recruitment processes to select top talent,
- Responsible for achieving targets linked to the P&L of the Branch,
- Monitor work orders for accuracy to ensure profitability and customer satisfaction,
- Actively monitor customer accounts and maintain regular customer communication to secure future business,
- Prioritize and expedite all service calls with a strong sense of urgency,
- Develop new customer relationships - continuously seek opportunities to present Spark Power as that customers solution provider,
- Measure workforce effectiveness, create objectives, deliver performance reviews, and address performance gaps,
- Provide professional development for employees through, coaching, mentoring, and training,
- Use budgets to monitor and evaluate performance, ensuring compliance with corporate needs and objective,
- Monitor and ensure that all quotes are accurate in terms of expected chance of winning, price and dates. Constantly review the quote statistics and share best practices.
- Inspecting completed work and as-built drawings to verify compliance with job requirements and any related codes/regulations and ensuring quality workmanship,
- May be required to work extended hours on short notice and/ or respond to emergency call-in.
- Coordinate with local electrical inspection governance to have work correctly approved as per the local code requirements.
- All other duties as assigned
Spark Power Employee Benefits and Perks:
- Diverse and exciting industrial, commercial and institutional customer base
- Competitive Wages
- RRSP with company matching
- Company Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits package with flexible options and wellness spending accounts
- Growing company with consistent work and career advancement opportunities
- Continuous training and skills improvement including Spark U and external training certifications
- Uniforms and uniform cleaning service provided
- Tool and Safety Boot allowance
- Corporate discounts (hotels, travel, insurance, retail)
- Company vehicle and cell phone
- Transfer and relocation opportunities
- …much more
Do you have the Spark? Here's what we are looking for:
Skills & Abilities
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- 10+ years of relevant electrical experience
Journeyman License is considered an asset
- A valid drivers license with a clean driving record
- Experience in performing financial analysis, tracking, budgeting, and resource planning
- Previous experience managing a large , highly effective team
- Must be self-driven, highly motivated & able to work without supervision
- Ability to multi-task & manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills, including complete mastery of English language
- Strong demonstrated stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with methodical decision making
- High degree of attention to detail & follow-through
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- Apprentice Level 1 to 4
- Licensed Electricians
- Field Service Technicians
- Project Managers
Who is Spark Power?
We provide end-to-end electrical contracting, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
We have numerous exciting projects in commercial, industrial, institutional, and renewable sectors across Canada and the US.
We have over 1300 employees across 25 locations across North America.