Glass Kitchen is a culinary masterpiece created by renowned chef Keith Pears. We're on a mission to offer an unforgettable dining experience where culinary creativity, quality, and outstanding service converge. Join us at the forefront of Canada's culinary scene and become a key player in delivering epic dining adventures.
Keith Pears is the Corporate Executive Chef at Accencis Group and leader of the National team representing Canada at the next Bocuse d’Or Finals.
Hailing from Vancouver and born into a family of chefs, Keith was destined to become immersed in the culinary field from a young age. After enrolling in culinary school at the age of 19, Keith quickly developed his skills in the kitchen and worked his way up the ranks throughout the years to master his craft. In 2017, he moved to Toronto to take on the title of Executive Chef at Delta’s flagship hotel, Delta Toronto. There, Keith played an instrumental role in shaping the hotel’s culinary excellence through his limitless creativity before opening Toronto’s first W Hotel in the prestigious Yorkville neighborhood, and recently being appointed Corporate Executive Chef at Accencis Group.
Keith is no stranger to competition, and he has the resume to prove it. Not only does Keith have experience competing in renowned culinary events like Best of the West, Gold Metal Plates, Bocuse d’Or National Selection, Garland International Shellfish Chef Challenge, but he has also achieved great success while doing so, winning B.C. Chef of the Year, Food Network’s Chopped Canada, Canada’s Great Kitchen Party in Toronto and most recently winning the National selection for the Bocuse d'Or competition. With more than 15 years of industry experience, Keith delivers memorable culinary experience paired with a high level of cuisine.
When he is not lined up at the farmers market for fresh ingredients, you can find Keith hunting for the freshest sneaker drop to add to his collection. He enjoys listening to all things Drake and supporting his favorite basketball team, the Toronto Raptors. He finds joy in exploring and often eats his way through Toronto’s new hot spots and local dives for inspiration. Once a part-time pop star turned cook, Keith’s goal in the kitchen is to be better than yesterday, hence his personal motto, “Strive for Pearfection.”
Functional Job Family: Culinary
Reports to: Chef De Cuisine
Position Summary: As a Steward/Dishwasher at Glass Kitchen, you play a vital role in maintaining a clean and sanitary environment in our kitchen. Your responsibilities include operating cleaning equipment, managing dishwashing machines, ensuring the cleanliness of kitchen and storage areas, and the possibility of assisting with food prep work. Join our team to be a part of an innovative culinary experience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Store cleaned wares in appropriate areas.
- Maintain and clean the dishwashing machine, troubleshoot malfunctions, and ensure it operates efficiently.
- Use detergents, rinsing, and sanitizing chemicals in the 3-compartment sink to clean dishes, following proper guidelines.
- Rack and stack dirty items, sort silverware, and inspect cleaned items for quality.
- Air dry cleaned items and spray them with hot water to remove food residue.
Sanitation and Maintenance:
- Operate cleaning equipment and tools, such as dish machines and trash compactors.
- Organize cleaning supplies and ensure proper storage.
- Maintain hand wash stations, ensuring they are well-stocked and functional.
- Follow sanitation and cleaning procedures, including pest control guidelines.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen and storeroom areas, including tables, tools, and equipment.
- Safely handle and store kitchen equipment, returning it to the appropriate location.
Maintenance, Sanitation, and Cleaning Activities:
- Empty trashcans, relining and covering them, and maintain the dumpster area.
- Clean and mop various areas in assigned departments.
- Organize cleaning supplies and equipment, such as mops and brooms.
- Dispose of glass in designated containers.
- Break down cardboard boxes and recycle other materials appropriately.
Food Prep Work (Possibility):
- Assist with basic food prep work as needed, including chopping vegetables, portioning ingredients, and similar tasks.
Safety and Security:
- Report accidents, injuries, or unsafe work conditions to management.
- Follow safety and security policies and procedures, using proper equipment and lifting techniques.
- Handle hazardous materials according to procedures and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Identify and report unsafe work procedures or conditions.
Policies and Procedures:
- Protect company tools, equipment, and assets following company policies.
- Adhere to company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by supervisors.
Working with Others:
- Support co-workers, treat them with respect, and maintain positive working relationships.
- Exchange information with other employees using appropriate communication tools.
- Use clear and professional language when speaking with co-workers and supervisors.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement:
- Comply with quality assurance standards and expectations.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Capacity to stand, sit, or walk for extended periods.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptability to irregular work hours based on business demands.
- Sensory demands (hearing, speech) in a noisy environment.
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
- Safety Orientation
- No high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- No related work experience is necessary.
- No supervisory experience is required.
Join Glass Kitchen and be a part of a culinary revolution that values quality, innovation, and excellence in every aspect of our operation. If you're ready to contribute to our dynamic team as a Steward/Dishwasher, we encourage you to apply.
Glass Kitchen is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds. While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Salary: $16.55-$25.00 per hour
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Markham, ON L3T 7T1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Cooking: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Handler Certification (preferred)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
Work Location: In person