Yard Maintenance - Nickel City Motors
Starting at $17.00 dollars per hour
In your role as Yard Maintenance with Nickel City Motors, you will support our Motorized Division, which is responsible for the initial setup, repairs, and shipment of our motorized vehicles, ranging from ATV’s to motorcycles.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture. We also have free parking at our distribution center.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighborhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Maintain a clean and organized yard. Ensuring that all units are properly stored and secured.
- Transporting units within the yard or from one location to another safely and efficiently.
- Maintaining and cleaning units on timely basis.
- Assisting Customers with loading or unloading of units.
- Receive and stock incoming parts shipments;
- Pick and pack all parts orders;
- Help Sales and Service team to load and unload units.
- Maintain good departmental housekeeping according Health & Safety guidelines; and
- Assist in other departments as required.
- Driver’s Licenses is required;
- Order picking and packing experience is an asset;
- Knowledge of Transportation of Dangerous Goods Legislation;
- Familiarity with automotive or Motorsports parts department is considered an asset;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work individually and as a team is required;
- Must be able to work days and evenings and able to prioritize workloads to meet deadlines; and
- High attention to detail and able to follow instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) accurately.
Location: 84 Severn Crescent, Thompson, MB R8N 1M6
Shift: Monday – Friday
Store Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.