Excel Personnel has been retained by one of our National Clients in a First Nations organization in the Kamloops, BC community to recruit their next Workshop Co-ordinator – Events.
As part of a dynamic growing team, the Workshop Coordinator will manage all aspects of delivering the non-accredited programming, workshops and webinars for the education department.
- Works with the Director of Education and other staff to develop all aspects of non-accredited education programming including workshops, from planning, setting timelines, determining resource needs, coordinating and compiling workshop materials, on site coordination, and post event reporting and follow-up and manage the calendar of events
- Creates and coordinates communication plans for workshops including digital marketing, website updates, internal updates and event messaging
- Assists with delivery of webinars and presentations for our client and their Centre by providing technical or administrative support to all students, participants, instructors or presenters
- Coordinates workshop agendas and activities including speakers and speaker information.
- Manages, coordinates, and attends events, conferences and tradeshows. Including coordinating shipping and receiving of booths, organization of materials, and promotional materials, and scheduling and coordinating booth participants
- Collaborate with subject-matter experts and speakers on the content and materials, and its distribution to audiences
- Format presentations, materials and other documents in accordance with brand guides and templates
- Establish relationships with and communicate with vendors on the confirmation of venue details such as meeting or conference rooms, catering, transportation, contracts and agreements and other requirements.
- Review workshops and feedback and implement recommendations for improvement
- Compile and retain workshop materials
- A diploma in a related discipline such as communications, administration, training or adult education or equivalent education.
- 3-5 years of project or training management or education organization experience including managing complex events.
- Demonstrated Event planning, project and records management, written and oral communication skills being a strong asset
- Experience in developing and delivering events in a First Nation environment would be considered an asset.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities and duties.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams and Zoom tools is an asset
- Occasional travel maybe required (approximately 5 - 10 times per year)
- Attention to Detail – the ability to work thoughtfully and carefully to produce work that is complete and error-free
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Client Focus - Building strong client relationships and delivering client-centric solutions
- Time Management and Prioritization – The ability to effectively organize and schedule work to ensure that key objectives are achieved in a manner that makes optimal use of time, money and resources
- Written Communications - The ability to clearly and effectively express information, ideas and opinions through formal or informal written formats to deliver messages that are clearly understood by the intended audience
Salary will vary depending on skills and qualifications, with base salary commencing at $60,000- $65,000/year with full Dental, Medical Benefits. A Full job description will be provided to the shortlisted candidates.
You will have Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous communities, history and culture. Strong comprehension or ability to learn the legislative frameworks supporting First Nations taxation, especially related to the FMA, First Nations governments, and law submission requirements
Only those permitted to work in Canada will be considered.
To APPLY submit your resume DIRECTLY to the job >> https://excel.bc.ca/opportunities/job/5130 so our recruiters can view your interest.
Applying directly on our website ensures a quicker response from our recruiters. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY ON INDEED.
Excel Personnel has been hiring Great People for Exceptional Companies since 1992 in Northern, Central and Southern BC. Excel Personnel provides Permanent, Temporary, Contract Staffing Solutions, Payrolling Services and Executive Search Services that wish to outsource while they continue with their in house hiring practices.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kamloops, BC V2C 3J4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Event coordination: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person