Rae's Bistro is a locally owned independent restaurant that focuses of fresh ingredients and quality food. We are looking for a professional Line Cook to prepare food to our Executive Chef's specifications. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our guest satisfaction.
Qualified candidates will be given an over the phone interview and in person assessment.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work weekends/evenings.
- A creative and educated palate.
- Proven experience, including experience as a line cook, restaurant cook or prep cook.
- Minimum 2 years experience required.
- Accuracy and speed when executing assigned tasks.
- Can work 20-40 hours a week.
- Setting up and flipping stations with FIFO and proper food handling procedures.
- Preparation of food (ex. chopping product, rolling dough, grilling of proteins).
- Creating exciting new daily features.
- Cook menu items to spec with cooperation of up to 6 other team members.
- Answer, report and follow Executive Chef's instructions.
- Sanitize station, floors and equipment.
- Minimize wasted product.
- Stock and organize inventory appropriately.
- Ensure food leaves the kitchen in a timely fashion in coordination with other stations.
- Comply with all sanitation regulations from Manitoba Health.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and guests.
Thank you in advance for your application,
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 20 - 40 per week
Salary: $16.00-$20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- cooking: 2 years (preferred)
- Food preparation: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person