Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $33.66 - $48.38 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, and is home to six Métis Chartered Communities.
Our team of nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care. Learn more.
Join us on an exciting project and be part of history! The Royal Columbian Hospital Redevelopment is a multi-year, multi-phase project to increase the hospital's capacity, beds and services.
The Equipment Coordinator - RCH Redevelopment is responsible for providing technical guidance to the project planning team for Royal Columbian Hospital Redevelopment projects.
In this role, you will be assisting with the management of the equipment procurement process and preparing equipment documentation by researching, collecting and analyzing relevant data. You also will provide technical support to the project planning teams with reviewing equipment shop drawings and be the liaison with external equipment suppliers to discuss pricing, change orders, contract terms and conditions.
This relief role is available until September 2024 or until return of incumbent and is located at the RCH Redevelopment office in New Westminster BC.
Come work with us!
Fraser Health is proudly recognized as a BC Top Employer. Joining our team offers you opportunities to work in a rapidly growing organization with health professionals who are excellent in their respective fields, career growth and advancement, a competitive compensation package (including four weeks of vacation to start, comprehensive health benefits, and pension plan), and the rewarding opportunity to make a difference every single day in health care.
Effective October 26, 2021 all staff for all positions across health care in British Columbia are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and there are no exceptions.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring and Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable, and culturally safe manner.
Connect with us!
Connect with us on our Careers social channels where you’ll learn about exciting opportunities, get career tips from our recruiters, and meet some of your future team members! You can also visit us on Indeed and Glassdoor.
Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | TikTok
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
Providing technical guidance to the project planning team for Fraser Health (FH)by ensuring that clinical and technical equipment requirements are identified and the procurement process milestones are achieved on schedule.
- Assists in the management of the equipment procurement process by providing technical guidance to the project planning teams in the development of equipment requirements, specifications and design suitability for various project initiatives.
- Provides technical support to the project planning teams during the review of equipment shop drawings to ensure that relevant technical issues have been addressed in developing designs for equipment installation.
- Liaises with external equipment suppliers to discuss pricing, change orders, contract terms and conditions; identifies related technical issues and works with the supplier to resolve the issues.
- Assists in the preparation of equipment documentation by performing research, collecting and analyzes relevant data and creating applicable reports.
- Develops and maintains equipment technical data sheets, which provide information about the performance requirements for the various items of equipment.
- Assist with the development and application of appropriate evaluation criteria and financial analysis as part of the evaluation of proposals.
- Participates in the equipment evaluation process to support the selection of equipment by reviewing equipment against user group requests, specifications and project requirements.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge base of medical equipment, clinical products and technological advances by reviewing literature, attending product forms and networking with suppliers and vendors.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Diploma in Biomedical Engineering, clinical engineering, biomedical technology, or health technology; plus three (3) to five (5) years recent related experience with medical equipment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Demonstrates the leadership practices of the Fraser Health Leadership Framework of Clear, Caring and Courageous and creates the conditions for people to succeed.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in collaboration/consultation with others
- Comprehensive knowledge of health care delivery systems
- Knowledge of project management principles and methodologies
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and evaluation skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to persuade and provide leadership to others
- Ability to operate related equipment including related software applications
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.