Naramata Inn is keen to hire engaged, self-starters that are passionate about food, wine, delivering exceptional service experiences and, of course, Naramata. The freshly reimagined Inn delivers a proudly “Naramatian” experience. From produce to proteins, the menu is built around the best local growers and artisans in Naramata and the Okanagan Region. Naramata Inn showcases the true depth and breadth of award-winning wines produced by British Columbia’s winemakers.
Sales & Events Coordinator
Just a few of the perks:
- Competitive pay
- Health & Welfare Benefits
- Company sponsored team events
- Discounts on accommodations at Naramata Inn and affiliated properties
- Meal discounts at Naramata Inn
- Employee referral bonus – get paid to recruit!
Our Commitment to you:
“People never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou’s famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout our operation and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other’s backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
What you’ll do:
The Brass Tacks
- Achieve SMART goals assigned.
- Create a seamless experience for the client from sales to event management.
- Meet and exceed expectations for revenue growth of assigned bookings.
- Responsible for forecasting revenue of assigned groups.
- Respond to clients within 24 hours.
- Establish and maintain positive, professional relationships with clients.
- Obtain necessary information to ensure efficient event planning, including meeting setups, food and beverage specifications, AV requirements, etc. Provide information to operating departments based on property guidelines.
- Knowledge of contractual language and ability to explain to clients.
- Monitor client’s satisfaction throughout planning and execution of event.
- Client relationship building including group rebooking.
- Achieve client sentiment goals.
- Comply with accounting standards (deposits, direct billing, and pre-payment).
- Confirm accurate revenue posting and client billing.
- Achieve sales activities, as assigned.
- Develop and maintain favourable working relationships and open communication with all departments.
- Ensure all applicable standards, policies, and procedures are fully implemented in all departments.
- Attend required meetings.
- Support restaurant operations during the busiest times and throughout the summer months.
- Work closely with leadership team to serve the wants and needs of our guests and team members.
- May require additional job functions based on business needs, property needs, or other general requests from leadership.
The Nitty Gritty
- Minimum of two years of hospitality event experience.
- Minimum of two years of restaurant management experience (fine dining preferred).
- Strong sales and negotiation skills.
- Ability to read/write business correspondence effectively.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all applicable units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Strong management skills, including time management, information analysis, planning and organizing, decision making, problem solving, and delivery of results.
- Strong interpersonal influence skills, including coaching, motivating, delegating, and relationship-building.
- Ability to travel as needed (including air or car, hotel overnight stays, and client entertainment.)
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office; Word, PowerPoint, Teams, OneNote, and Excel.
Where you'll work:
Naramata is located on the eastern shore of Okanagan Lake, just outside the city of Penticton. The area is known for its picturesque orchards, vineyards, clay bluffs, and lakeshore. Light on rainfall and long on sunshine, Naramata is both visually stunning and emotionally stirring. People say the place has soul. People like us.
About Naramata Inn
Constructed 115 years ago by the town founders, J.M. and Eliza Robinson, Naramata Inn would welcome some of the Okanagan’s very first tourists and go on to weave a colourful thread throughout Naramata’s history. Naramata Inn is still making headlines as the best way to enjoy the full bounty of the Okanagan Valley. The Inn delivers a proudly “Naramatian” experience - from the best local growers and artisans in Naramata and the Valley, showcasing the true depth and breadth of award-winning wines produced by British Columbia’s winemakers.
The Fine Print
The employer, Naramata Hospitality LP d/b/a as Naramata Inn is managed by Columbia Hospitality, Inc. operating as Columbia Hospitality Service U.L.C. which is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
Columbia Hospitality is an international management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centres, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Naramata, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Event planning: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 5 Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person