Job Title: Property Services Tenant Liaison
Program and Site Location: Property Services
Reports To: Operations Officer
Term: Temporary Full-Time (37.5 hours per week) starting ASAP until June 1, 2024
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm with ½ hour paid break
Wage Range: $23.16 up to $26.97 based on education and related experience.
The ASK Wellness Society is an Accredited, not-for-profit organization. Through the generous support of funders, we assist those who are marginalized and at-risk to strengthen the communities we serve (Kamloops, Merritt, and Penticton). We provide housing and support to those who are facing or at risk of homelessness and support those who may use substances, or who require mental health supports, harm reduction, or health education. Ultimately, we aim to provide the skills to re-enter the workforce.
What We Offer:
- Competitive benefits including but not limited to dental, vision, physiotherapy, massage, and fertility upon eligibility
- Municipal Pension Plan upon eligibility
- On-site training and development opportunities such as Violence Prevention, Cultural Awareness and 2SLGBTQ+ training
- A culture of equality, inclusion, and diversity including paid cultural sensitivity days
- Accidental death insurance and Wellness plan benefit
- Vacation entitlements for Part-Time and Full-Time employees
Effective November 1, 2021, the Society requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with the Society unless a legal exemption is obtained.
Position Summary: The Property Services Tenant Liasion works closely with the Property Services Department and Supportive Housing Coordiantors to assist with all business-related aspects of the work of the Society, in support of the overarching aim of raising achievement and providing an outstanding service to the community with respect to Property Services specifically. Service delivery is based on a client centered, non-judgmental perspective.
Typical Duties Include:
Property Services Tenant Liaison Responsibilities
- Supervise and direct activities of all Society’s owned and leased properties and to advise the Operations Officer on key strategies and decisions in these areas.
- Work alongside Housing Coordinators and Management to oversee all Society unit rentals and evictions.
- Assist Management with funding application requests.
- In collaboration with the Coordinator of Property Maintenance and Cleaning, assist with internal building repairs for all Society site locations.
- Coordinate and lead pest control technitions.
- Work alongside Management and the Occupational Health and Safety Committee to ensure Society sites comply with the nesessariy guidelines (i.e. firedrills, first aid etc.).
- Assist Mangaement with projects when required.
- Provide crisis intervention as required including overdose responses by ensuring immediate access to medical services and completing necessary incident reports when required.
- Complete move in/move out documentation as required by the Property Services Department.
- When requested, be a member of the Society’s Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) team.
- Ensure compliance with all Society policies and procedures.
- Other duties which may or may not be outlined within this job description.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Post-secondary Diploma or Certificate in Office Administration an asset.
- Solid knowledge of building structures and building maintenance required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, which includes Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication, writing, documentation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as an effective member of an integrated fast paced administrative team.
- Ability to work unsupervised to achieve objectives within specifically negotiated timelines.
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous, and detailed tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work within a team-based environment involving multi-agency supports.
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record and reliable/appropriate transportation with business use coverage.
- Must pass an acceptable criminal record check for the vulnerable sector.
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 required.
- Readiness to complete in-house online training within the first month of employment.
- As Program Participants are allowed to have pets, it is noted that this is a pet friendly environment.
How to apply: Please apply directly online at https://ask-wellness-society-portal.scouterecruit.net/jobs/ASK64
The ASK Wellness Society offers assistance from an Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit) and/or would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, we encourage you to contact us, and you will be redirected to our Employment Advisor.
The ASK Wellness Society is dedicated to promoting diversity/multiculturalism with inclusion as one of our Core Values. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.