At Pete's Frootique & Fine Foods, we understand the difference healthy, local, diverse, delicious products can make to our customers. We strive to deliver the best - by offering an enticing variety of the Finest and the Freshest products and the highest level of customer service in our stores.
The Store Manager will be given the opportunity to lead a multi-faceted organization within the Pete's Frootique & Fine Foods Bedford retail store! The successful candidate will have impeccable leadership qualities; a hands on leader who can coach and motivate the team to achieve maximum results.
Are you looking for a fantastic, fun leadership position where creativity, variety, quality and care really count?
Join our team of passionate performers at Pete's Frootique & Fine Foods!
We are currently seeking a Store Operations Manager to manage the team and share our vision of providing superior quality products. In this position you will report to the Director – Operations and will join the company's senior leadership team to oversee the daily operation of the Bedford store.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive Wages & Incentive Program
- Affordable HealthCare Benefits
- Generous Employee Discount Program
- Paid Training and Development
- Flexible, Fun, Supportive and Growing work environment
- Ensuring an everyday extraordinary customer focused shopping experience where prompt/courteous and knowledgeable service is provided in all areas of the store at all times.
- Ensuring a work environment that enables each team member to perform to their greatest potential; ensuring we are living our core values and inviting and utilizing staff input.
- Daily retail store and back of house checks required
- Participate in monthly inventory counts and perform departmental audits
- Being a champion of the unique Pete's Frootique & Fine Foods culture of caring and overall brand.
- Leading your team to successfully achieve all store KPI's using your financial acumen and strength in retail finance. Daily supervision of departmental wage tools and margin processes
- Championing innovative change and leading/mentoring using your expertise in change management.
- Ensuring all managers are committed to a cooperative and collaborative partnership with other location.
- Ensuring multiple operational priorities are assessed daily, prioritized, and managed. Ensuring for accountability and follow up..
- Ensuring department tasks are prioritized and completed efficiently to meet departmental goals.
- Ensuring processes for quality control are consistently adhered to in all departments to ensure freshness at a high standard
- Maintaining an unwavering commitment to food safety and sanitation; ensuring that food safety and cleanliness standards are met and consistently adhered to.
- Making quality and timely decisions based on analysis of data, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Communicating key information to team members at all levels within and companywide in a timely manner.
- Ensuring compliance with provincial and local regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Openly and honestly providing regular performance feedback and coaching to team members as per the company standard procedures. Identifying areas of development and following through on a mentoring plan for direct reports.
- Ensuring dept. leaders execute marketing/merchandising plans in collaboration with the marketing and communications team.
- Creating and maintaining a safe shopping and work environment for consumers and staff.
- Actively participating in targeted events designed to enhance company profile and employee relations
- 5-7 years of management experience
- A retail professional or vision-oriented leader who is passionate about food, strategic, achievement motivated and focused in his/her approach to team development and business growth.
- Must meet all store deadlines for financials, director reporting, and food and safety reporting.
- A strong hands on approach – this role requires someone who is 'all in' the daily operations of the store
- Accountable – delivers on responsibilities; is responsible for one's actions and holds others accountable.
- Adaptable - anticipates and plans for changing situations, reacts constructively to setbacks.
- Leadership - uses authority and power in a fair manner; knows when to delegate and when to take personal responsibility. Keeps focused on the big picture while implementing short term goals.
- Lead by example - Has a desire to lead by example with a grace of authority, embracing and adapting to change and maintaining respect, dignity and compassion.
- Team Development - identifies, recruits and contributes to the development of strong leaders that will benefit the growth of the company.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making - takes initiative to make things happen; is able to make timely, clear cut decisions and communicate clear direction with timelines.
- Change management – able to carefully balance immediate operational needs with big picture positive change.
- Innovative/Thinks Creatively - Inspires innovation in the organization, views obstacles as opportunities for creative change.
- Communication – clearly, keeps others up to date, listens with an open mind.
- Coaching- Is a patient, helpful, effective coach; provides objective appraisals of others' strengths and needs.
- Customer Service – consistently ensures customer expectations are exceeded.
- Product Knowledge - takes pride in being a product knowledge expert and thinking creatively about uses for our products to accomplish solution-based selling. Researches trends and recommends new products.
- Interpersonal- exudes a positive attitude and sustains a contagious energy. Seeks personal improvement by accepting feedback constructively/non-defensively.