The Small Parts Machine Operator is required to ensure the safe, efficient operation, cleaning of and running adjustments for their machines. Responsible for the maintenance of prescribed quantity and quality of product produced. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting machine basic performance, making adjustments and calling for additional resources as required.
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Team Work
- Maintain high production numbers for daily goals
- Produce product with an emphasis on quality
- Operate complex machinery and make running adjustments as required; machinery including, but not limited to Ring Rollers, Band Decoilers, Skid Bending, Pipe Bender, Drill Press, Brace Cup Punch
- Follow work order and drawing specifications
- Follow machine operating instructions and Standard Operating Procedure.
- Provide feedback and maintenance requests to improve machine performance
- Complete all assigned Quality checks
- Participate in training and cross training, improvement initiatives including health and safety and quality improvement
- Adhere to all workplace safety policies, compliances and regulations
- Use all required safety equipment, e.g. Steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses / goggles, etc.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Experience as a machine operator preferred
- Able to work as a functioning member of a team
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Safety equipment may be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
Meridian Manufacturing Inc., supports employees and candidates by providing reasonable accommodations in the workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.