ALX is a growing provider of mining and exploration supplies with its main operations based in the Yukon’s capital city of Whitehorse. As ALX continues to grow we are looking to expand our operational capacity and ability. The position of Operations Coordinator will provide logistical, administrative, and operational support across all aspects of the business. The successful candidate will have significant opportunity to continue to grow within the company and develop their professional skillset.
ALX is looking for a highly motivated self-starter and committed individual who will provide organization to ALX’s facilities. This position is for a versatile individual who is always looking for ways to contribute to the overall maintenance, management, efficiency, and improvement of ALX operations. The successful candidate will be expected to be able to provide support across all facets of ALX business operations.
Day to day flow in the warehouse and office:
- Complete day to day order entry, purchasing, backorder follow-up, purchase order follow- up
- Main contact for customers when placing orders or have product inquiries about existing product lines
- Answer the phone throughout the day to take orders and answer questions
Staying on top of current pricing and price lists
- Purchasing and purchase order follow-up
- Vendor research and initial queries about products and availability
- Cross train in the warehouse to help cover vacations and busy time periods
- Bachelor degree in any related field OR 2+ years work experience in operation, logistics, or customer service position
- Fluency in English
- Familiarity with Excel, advanced knowledge considered an asset
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines
- Ability to communicate confidently with vendors and customers
- Previous experience in the mining sector will be considered an asset.
- Past supervision experience