At S.U.C.C.E.S.S., you will be able to grow and develop alongside a diverse team of professionals and enjoy great benefits and perks. Experience what it is like to join a purpose-driven organization and make meaningful contributions to our community. Explore our amazing new opportunities.
Department: Settlement & Family Services
Program: BC Settlement and Integration Services (BCSIS)
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Number of Positions: 1
The Program officer (PO) supports the settlement and integration of newcomers who are temporary foreign workers, international students, refugee claimants, provincial nominees, as well as naturalized citizens. This PO assists clients with their immigration and settlement needs, accessing labour markets, connecting to local community and upgrading English language proficiency. The PO is also responsible for providing information orientation, referrals, facilitating workshops, and supporting events and community connections activities.
Reports To: Program Coordinator
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Promotion and Clients Recruitment
Participates in community events and internal and external meetings approved by Program Coordinator
- Performs program promotion and marketing activities
- Keeps the program’s activities in the Agency’s website up-to-date
- Meets the annual target number of eligible clients
- Outreaches to local communities organizations (e.g. public libraries, community recreation and seniors centres, government institution, schools, food banks, cultural and faith-based institutions, and other local community and social networks) to conduct program promotion and recruit new clients
Direct Client Service Delivery
Performs client intake and assesses clients’ needs
- Provides information and orientation services at multiple service delivery sites
- Stays up to date on clients’ emerging needs and trends
- Delivers in-person and online services and workshops, such as one-on-one information and orientation and group facilitation that support the settlement, immigration, employment and integration needs of the eligible clients
- Assists clients navigate the appropriate immigration pathways to permanent residence
- Supports clients’ access to government, community and employment networks, services and programs
- Updates Program Coordinator regarding changes to community and government services and procedures
- Maintains accurate service records and compiles monthly statistics
- Participates in staff meetings and trainings
- Assists and participates in Agency events
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by Program Coordinator
Education, Training and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Social or Human Sciences
- Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP) certification an asset
- Experience in working with temporary foreign workers, naturalized citizens and international students with work permits
- Experience in facilitating in-person and online workshop presentations and special events
- Knowledge of BC settlement, immigration information and local resources
- Knowledge of local labour market information
Job Skills and Abilities:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to speak Arabic, French, Swahili, Farsi, Korean, Punjabi, and/or Spanish is considered an asset.
- Excellent group facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Excellent time and resource management skills
- Excellent computer skills (including internet proficiency)
- Able to work with individuals and communities facing cultural adjustment challenges
- Able to create and maintain client records and reports
- Able to design, promote, deliver and facilitate orientation and education workshops
Clear criminal record check
- Frequent travel within service regions for program delivery
- Occasional evening and weekend duties
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is a multicultural social services agency and registered charity located on the unceded Coast Salish lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. has been helping Canadians and newcomers to achieve their full potential on their Canadian journey since 1973. We are one of the largest social service agencies in Canada, with offices in BC, Ontario and internationally/abroad. We offer programs and services in the areas of immigration, newcomer settlement, English-language training, employment and entrepreneurship, family, youth and seniors programming, health education, community development, affordable housing and seniors care.
At S.U.C.C.E.S.S., we take care of our communities and our people!
Our staff is the source of our success and we make it a priority to ensure work-life balance for our staff. We offer a range competitive and comprehensive benefit packages to ensure the well-being our staff. Subject to the type of employment, benefit packages may include:
paid time off ‘monthly wellness days’ (up to 12 days per year)
- additional agency holidays (3 additional statutory holidays)
- 2 weeks annual vacation (starting) and up to 5 weeks (maximum)
- company-funded pension (GRRSP)
- extended health & dental plan
- employee & family assistance programs
- access to wellness programs (such as subscription to Headspace) , and more
S.U.C.C.ES.S. is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that embraces diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to the equitable treatment of all individuals and will continue to embed diversity and inclusion principles within our policies, procedures, services, and activities.
Interested candidates please apply by 11:59pm October 27 2023.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.