As a team member at The Ancaster Mill, you are a part of the Pearle Hospitality family.
Pearle Hospitality’s mission and focus is to enrich each moment through genuine and thoughtful actions. Each of Pearle Hospitality’s restaurants, event venues, hotels, and spas are focused on creating happiness and elevating each experience through the care and consideration of our people, guests, food, properties and communities.
Our guests and customers have a trust in the experience they are about to enjoy. They trust that any event hosted at one of our properties, stays in our hotels or experiences at our spas will be a memorable experience for all involved. This idea has been reinforced through years of dedication to providing those people with soulful and delicious food, impeccably maintained historical buildings and bright, hardworking, and enthusiastic team members.
With a focus on local and in-season ingredients, the food prepared is rooted in family recipes passed down over generations, artisan products and a deep-rooted respect for culinary traditions are the base of our food philosophy and dedication to creating delicious food.
Nestled under the Niagara escarpment, alongside a waterfall and creek, Ancaster Mill invites its guests to sweep themselves away. Boasting spectacular forested scenery and historic charm, it's like a breath of fresh air. The chefs work directly with local farmers to create harvest-inspired menus that capture the essence of the season.
Join our amazing Ancaster Mill Team and help support our wonderful kitchen teams in making our guests dreams come true!
The Dishwasher plays a vital role in the successful operation of all of our kitchens. Awareness, consistency, cleanliness and care are all hallmarks of this position. The back of house and events team rely heavily on output from the dishwashing station making efficiency, neatness and preparation critical to the success of this position. The individual in this role works hard and takes pride in providing clean tools for coworkers and guests and presenting a well-maintained and orderly station.
What makes you the perfect candidate:
- You love being part of a team.
- A clean and organized space makes you happy.
- You like to keep busy and are happy to take on additional tasks to support the team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate the industrial dishwasher
- Wash glassware and other implements by hand when necessary
- Rotate dishes to reduce wear and tear on resources
- Clean dish storage
- Perform opening, closing and side work
- Ensure all storage areas are organized and tidy
- Maintain clean and tidy workstations
*No experience necessary, we are willing to train the right candidates.
Advantages to being part of the Ancaster Mill Team:
- Training and Development to support personal & professional growth
- Career opportunities across all Pearle Hospitality properties
- Competitive wages
- Discounts at all Pearle Hospitality properties (restaurants, hotels and spas)
- A fun place to work with an amazing team & company culture!
Pearle Hospitality and affiliated companies, including Ancaster Mill, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you presently or have you ever been employed by any affiliated Pearle Hospitality properties? If YES, List location
(ETT: Bread Bars, The Pearle Hotel & Spa, Cambridge Mill, Elora Mill Hotel & Spa, Ancaster Mill, Spencer's At The Waterfront, Whistle Bear Golf Club)
Work Location: In person