Are you a competent, experienced, and passionate phlebotomist located in Calgary? Advance your career in phlebotomy and help make a difference in the lives of patients and their healthcare outcomes.
TapLabs is seeking responsible, motivated, and patient-orientated individuals to join our expanding team of mobile and in-clinic medical laboratory professionals. This is an exciting and dynamic role the offers a competitive commission earnings and opportunities for growth.
TapLabs is a well-established third-party blood and specimen collection service that utilizes proprietary software to facilitate mobile blood draws in a patient’s home, workplace, or other private location. Our mission is to provide convenient and professional service to a diverse patient population outside the traditional laboratory setting. TapLabs has growing demands and is looking for a new team member who has morning availabilities from Monday to Friday, starting part-time with the potential to increase hours.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Along with in-clinic collections, this role includes visiting private homes, offices, and medical/naturopathic clinics to perform skillful blood draws, urinalysis and specimen collections in accordance with physician ordered requisitions or private test kits.
- Strong working knowledge of APL/DynaLife protocols including order of draw, tube netting, accessioning, spinning and other handling requirements to ensure sample integrity.
- Transporting samples to a designated laboratory or FedEX/Purolator for shipment.
- Confidently using TapLabs’ mobile device app to review, accept and complete jobs as they are logged in the system.
- Troubleshooting problems and reporting incidents in accordance with company protocols.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Completion of an accredited Medical Laboratory Assistant program or equivalent within Canada. Completion of an Alberta program preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a phlebotomist in Canada. Experience performing Mobile collections is an asset.
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record required. This position requires frequent driving of a personal vehicle during work hours.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to foster an atmosphere of trust and confidence with patients and communicate effectively with medical/laboratory personnel.
- Self-starter who can work independently to deliver quality, error free work with minimal on-site supervision.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with the ability to complete back-to-back appointments in some cases.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
Compensation includes an hourly rate as well as a commission. Commission will be a percentage of total earnings from appointments completed and is expected to exceed mid to high range hourly pay for comparable industry positions.
Job Type: Part-time and Full-time
Salary: From $25.00 per hour plus commission
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- phlebotomy: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-05-22
Expected start date: 2023-05-21