Part -Time Bakery Clerk at our West location (17010 90 Ave) in Edmonton AB
Want to enjoy a free lunch every shift and a yearly bonus?
Join us in our mission to Connect community through food and cultural experience Working at the Italian Centre Shop is like being part of our family. We value, reward, and promote team members who are passionate about food, family, community and committed to doing a great job
- Open Availability
- Shifts vary between 8:00 a.m. until 9:15 p.m.
- Evenings and Weekends Required
Reporting directly to the Bakery Supervisor, the Front Counter Attendant effectively and efficiently executes day to day tasks in the Bakery Department. Has the delegated authority to make daily operational decisions to effectively and efficiently execute their Front Counter Attendant duties.
- Inform the Bakery Supervisor of any incidents and escalations, providing details of their resolution
- Escalate unresolved issues to the Bakery Supervisor
Duties and responsibilities
- Greet and serve customers in the bakery department in a timely manner
- Answer customer questions and provide advice regarding products
- Communicate customer requests to their Front Counter Attendant Supervisor and/or Dept. Manager
- Use electrical printers to price appropriate bakery item with accuracy
- Package baked good for customers
- Take customer calls and process bakery orders in a timely and efficient manner
- Stock and maintain bread wall and bins
- Suggestion Selling
- Ensure pastry counter is always full of products; cookies, cakes, squares, danishes, etc.
Portion, box, and/or wrap various pastries, cakes, pies, squares, breads, etc.
- Assist bakers by preparing various products, cookies, cakes, rolls, etc.
- Wash and clean baking supplies by following sanitation and cleaning procedures
- Check products and identify damaged or expired goods and document in shrink binder
- Clean display cases and shelves according to company standards
- Assist in cleaning the bakery area, coolers, floors, oven, etc.
- Actively participate and encourage peers to engage in the Italian Centre Way
- Follow all policies and procedures within the department
- Present and maintains a safe work environment
- Adhere to food safety and handling procedures
- Communicate with Café department on bakery items to ensure café does not run out
- Keep work area clean and presentable
- Complete other duties assigned by management
Promote a positive company image by actively engaging with employees, customers, suppliers and the community
- Represent ICS both in and out of the store
- Share their ideas or observations with Supervisors in regard to new items or trends in the market
While we are willing to train the right candidate, most successful candidates possess the following:
High School or GED from an accredited school system or program is preferred
- A minimum of one-year experience in a customer focused role
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent listening skills and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining a professional image
- Ability to learn quickly
- Work independently with little direct supervision
- Have a well-balanced concern for both task and people
- Have a genuine concern for needs of customers
- Job requires employee to work a variety of shifts including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Job also requires employee to work with challenging customers and/or situations.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. consistently
- Long periods of standing and walking
- Frequent bending and twisting
- Occasionally pushing and pulling of heavy carts around bakery
- Occasionally work in coolers and freezers for short periods of time
Apply on our website: https://italiancentreshop.easyapply.co