All BOH positions are expected to report to work as indicated on the work schedule, be in correct uniform, practice positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts. Each position will obtain their station assignment at the beginning of the shift and perform all opening and closing duties as needed and directed by the Manager on Duty. Each team member will be expected to maintain the highest degree of sanitation and food safety throughout the shifts. They must adhere to all safety guidelines and practices; immediately report any unsafe condition, unsafe act, accidents and/or injuries to the Chef, or other Manager on Duty.
- Cleans front of the house areas, as assigned. These areas include but are not limited to, floors, bar floors/mats, trash cans and restrooms, prior to opening of the restaurant.
- Cleans and performs routine maintenance to the exterior of the building according to the housekeeping, cleaning and maintenance schedule established by the kitchen and other managers.
- Sets up and breaks down dish machine, including arms, screens, and baskets on a daily basis. Cleans and polishes machine thoroughly.
- Checks dish machine to be sure it is operating correctly and immediately reports any defects to a member of the management team.
- Washes, stores and stocks all plateware, glassware, eating utensils, cups, bowls, pots, pans and other smallwares and equipment to ensure sufficient quantities are on hand to meet the needs of the business.
- Checks, on a frequent basis, the water temperature of the dish machine during dishwashing operation to ensure correct temperature.
- Removes trash from the dish room and kitchen and places in dumpster regularly throughout the shift. Cleans and sanitizes trash cans and keeps clean liners in cans at all times.
- Checks, removes and replaces full linen bags regularly throughout the shift.
- Assists front and back of the house personnel in spot cleaning floors, carpeting, walls and other furnishings in order to maintain a safe and pleasing environment for team members and guests.
- Assists all restaurant personnel in storing food, equipment, supply, smallwares and other stock items received in the restaurant.
- Completes all side work in the front and/or back of the house as assigned and scheduled by the members of the management team.
Must be able to lift, handle, and carry food, smallwares, equipment, supplies and paper goods at a minimum of 50 pounds constantly and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
Must be able to constantly stand and exert well-paced mobility for a period up to four hours in length.
Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis to receive and store stock, supplies and equipment as well as to work the line during service periods.
Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to supervisors, other employees, vendors, suppliers and other business representatives.
Must be able to taste – to be able to distinguish between and among flavors, spices, temperatures, mouth feel and smell – to distinguish between and among odors and scents as to their appeal and level of intensity for all food and beverage products.
Must be able to work in an environment subject to extreme cold (30 degrees), heat (temperatures above 100 degrees), and loud noises from restaurant equipment and machinery, and fumes, odors, dust and smoke.
Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes, smoke, dust and loud noise.