Founded in 1976, North Shore Community Resources’ (NSCR) mission is to enhance well-being, social connections, empowerment and community participation by designing and delivering programs and services to create a thriving North Shore. To achieve this mission, we provide community programs and services in four areas: Child and Parent programs, Seniors programs, Community Engagement, and Community Legal Services and Housing Advocacy. To learn more about NSCR, our Annual Report and Strategic Plan are available on our website: www.nscr.ca
NSCR requires a full-time, permanent Volunteer North Shore Coordinator for our programs and services.
The Volunteer North Shore Coordinator is responsible for all aspects and coordination of the Volunteer North Shore Program including administering the VNS database and working with stakeholders and potential volunteers; this position also oversees the recruitment, onboarding and ongoing support of NSCR volunteers. Volunteers are the heart of our community and provide a range of enhancements to programs and services within the agency and beyond. The Volunteer Coordinator position liaises with adults, youth, seniors, people with developmental or physical disabilities, volunteers, staff, and community partners.
This position requires strong communication and organization skills, creativity, commitment and compassion to serve vulnerable populations of our community. The Volunteer Coordinator, reporting to the Manager, Community Engagement and Seniors Programs, and working closely with the NSCR program and service teams will be supported by an organization and staff that value collaboration and team work. This position works with volunteers, seniors, family or caregivers of seniors, staff, external contractors and community partners.
Responsibilities of the NSCR Volunteer Coordinator include:
1. Volunteer Responsibilities
· Recruit, train and support NSCR volunteers who enhance our programs and services.
· Work with staff to create or revise volunteer position descriptions and recruit volunteers for those positions.
· Develop and deliver agency orientation and training to new or existing volunteers.
· Maintain the Better Impact Volunteer Database with updated information
· Collect and collate annual volunteer statistics based on reporting requirements.
· Oversee the development of volunteer training opportunities
· Plan and oversee volunteer recognition events including a celebration in December for International Volunteer Day and April for National Volunteer Week.
· Update and develop NSCR Volunteer Policy manual.
· Coordinate group volunteer projects specific to NSCR.
· Provide updated Website/social media content as needed.
2. Coordinate Activities of the Volunteer North Shore Program
· Oversight of the VNS Database
· Coordinate with Stakeholders using the database and ensure signed working agreements
· Research training opportunities for North Shore-wide volunteers
· Act as a point of contact to assist in resolving customer service issues for Volunteer North Shore Clients
· Develop Outreach presentations
· Oversee production of Youth Volunteer Directory
· Plan and oversee National Volunteer week activities (NS news ad &article), Community Volunteer Spirit awards, Cards to internal volunteers
· Runs Volunteer North Shore coordinators and managers meetings
· Is a significant part of the planning team for North Shore Volunteer Fair
· Oversees the weekly housing list produced by a volunteer
· Provide updated website/ social media content as needed
3. Coordination of the Tax Program
· Recruit tax preparer volunteers and general volunteers for this program
· Oversight of all aspects of the tax program including space, supplies, booking
System, statistics and post-tax season volunteer celebration lunch
· Problem solving all aspects of the program as needed.
· Liaise with other organizations to build the tax program.
l Ability to communicate well, work independently and with diverse groups and individuals.
l Excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working with people.
l Excellent administration and organization skills.
l Human Resources Management Background is an asset
l Volunteer Management Experience.
l Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant technology literacy including database programs.
l Experience with Better Impact Volunteer Database is an asset.
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent combination of knowledge and experience.
- Second language an asset.
Screening: Criminal Records Check & Vulnerable Sector Search required prior to start date and repeated as required from time to time.
This position requires travel in the North Shore and very occasional weekend/after-hours work.
NSCR provides a competitive wage depending on experience as well as benefits.
Please send electronic applications in PDF format including a covering letter and CV to: Sue Carabetta, Manager of Community Engagement and Seniors Programs
NSCR values diversity and inclusivity. We encourage all individuals inclusive of any identity to apply. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all individuals, who have submitted an application, for their interest.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Work Location: In person