CLIENT SERVICE COORDINATOR (CSC) – IMMEDIATE OPENING
Horizon CPA is a mid-size professional accounting firm located in downtown Vancouver. We provide hands-on accounting, tax compliance, advisory and financial planning services to entrepreneurs, professional corporations and other privately-owned entities.
We are looking for a full-time Client Service Coordinator who can join our team and provide exceptional services to our clients and support the team. Just like us, you are a tenacious self-starter. Your days start early, and you arrive at work before your day begins. You are a team-player and understand that it is the little things that contribute to the quality of the work you present.
You care about others and the firm’s long-term success. You are the person who asks, “What can I do to help?” and then takes action to ensure things get done. You are outgoing, proactive, and willing to put in some elbow grease to ensure the work gets done well and on time.
As the Client Service Coordinator, you will provide exceptional administrative services to our clients and provide critical administrative support to Managers and Principals. You will also work closely with other Accountants to ensure high quality work and efficient turnaround of jobs is being maintained.
As part of the team, you will initially be responsible for:
Job Initiation and Finalization - Admin Functions
- Logging new jobs in the firm's electronic workflow system
- Initiating routine jobs, preparing information request letters, ensuring information is received on a timely basis
- Reviewing information received, following up on missing documents, importing appropriate documents,
- Ensuring tax returns are filed on a timely basis
- Preparing and collating client deliverables, including invoices
- Requesting payments and following up on overdue invoices
- Finalizing/archiving/rolling forward completed jobs
- Initiating contact with new and current clients, following the firm's client onboarding process
- Respond independently to client enquiries and escalate complex enquiries to appropriate parties based on knowledge of practice/structure and work process.
- Drafting invoices and following up on accounts receivables
- Updating and maintaining the firm’s client database as needed
- Ensuring documents provided by clients are returned appropriately
Other Administrative Functions
- Procuring WIP and billing reports for the management team
- Updating and maintaining various worklists
- Drafting, proof-reading reports and other correspondence
- Assisting with general office procedures
As you gain more experience, you will be given the responsibility of managing the administrative needs of an assigned group of clients, reviewing and anticipating upcoming jobs, and assisting the management team with staff capacity planning. You will also be involved in various internal firm improvement projects.
- You are proactive, reliable and organized
- You can develop client relationships, build rapport with the team, business partners and clients.
- You are resourceful and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- You have above-average time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines
- You are fluent in English, both verbal and written, due to direct communications with clients, taxation authorities, and other parties
- You have at least 2 years of experience working in a professional office environment
- You are proficient in Office365 and quick to learn new applications/technology
- Studies in Business Administration would be highly regarded
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
We believe in providing our people with continuous learning and growth opportunities through our training systems, exposure to a variety of industries, challenging work, and the opportunity to see work through from beginning to end. We also believe in fostering a strong collaborative environment.
If you are interested in joining our team, please click the Apply Now button below and upload a cover letter and resume in one PDF document. In your cover letter, please tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult deadline. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $25.64 per hour
Expected hours: 37.5 per week
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-02