Title: Store Manager
Reports to: Regional Manager
Job Status: Full-Time, Commission
About Uncle Wiener’s wholesale:
Uncle Wiener’s Wholesale is a fast-growing company that’s ready to blast off. We have multiple locations throughout Western Canada and want to add a Store Manager to our team. All of our champions at uncle wiener's find the drive to continuously seek new challenges and test roads no one else has ever explored. This philosophy has allowed us to become the leader in the wholesaling products. It has allowed us to create a collaborative, diverse and trusting place to work filled with amazingly talented and passionate people.
About the Role:
Provide sales, operations and personnel leadership for the store and ensure all business and personal targets are met or exceeded. Responsible for operational and fiscal accountability for the store.
- Manages and allocates resources effectively and efficiently to ensure store meets key performance indicators and profit and loss expectations.
- Positively communicates and demonstrates the Brand values, attitude and culture.
- Ensures consistent implementation of all corporate programs, initiatives and strategies.
- Provides constructive feedback to District Manager on success and feasibility of current and new programs, other initiatives, and specific store needs.
- Creates effective succession, recruiting, hiring and training plans, resulting in lower store turnover.
- Develops staff by evaluating and providing performance feedback (performance and potential), seizing all coaching and training opportunities and fostering a team environment to meet store and company objectives.
- Promotes a high performance culture by setting clear expectations, holding employees accountable, creating an effective and efficient work environment, and setting goals that focus the team on key drivers that impact success.
- Assume responsibility for accuracy of all cash management and ensure that shrink control within store is minimized.
- Assume responsibility for store and product security using systems provided, and monitoring the effectiveness of these in preventing theft.
- Assure adherence to company policies and procedures relating to NSB (POS system) integrity.
- Maintain confidentiality of retail operating information.
- Assure compliance with legal and safety guidelines in overall management of store and associates.
- Maintain building and premises in a safe, organized and clean manner in accordance with Uncle wiener's standards.
- Develop seamless communication with other retail store managers.
- Other duties as assigned by District Manager.
Who’s a good fit for the team:
- Must possess and consistently exhibit the competencies relative to the position.
- Proficient retail knowledge – operational and selling skills.
- Retail business management skills (fiscal and operational).
- Proficient skills in coaching and talent management.
- Ability to prioritize and allocate resources effectively.
- Well developed ability to read, write, comprehend, and speak (conversational) English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through multiple lines of communication.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to quickly learn new systems (e.g. POS systems, web-portals, etc.).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 12 kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 34 kg
- The understanding of in-store retail operations and all cash procedures.
- Understanding of all pertinent government legislation applicable to retail establishments.
Uncle Wiener's will accommodate disabilities during the recruitment and selection process.
If a job applicant requests accommodation from Uncle Wiener's , Uncle Wiener's will consult with the job applicant and make adjustments that best suit their needs. Successful job applicants of Uncle Wiener's will be notified of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$33.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
- Retail Store Managers: 2 years (preferred)
- retail management: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person