- Provide the Banquets team with guidance, support, and lead by example.
- Maintain areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness.
- Liaise with guests/DOC on special arrangements and requests.
- Liaise with management team on any issues pertaining to department; effectively communicating through daily log reports.
- Assign tasks, ensuring they are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure event spaces are set up correctly as per the Event Order and ready for service.
- Assign stations and side work to Banquet Servers and communicating changes to assignments as they arise.
- Assist in the training, development and improvement of department.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to work with maximum accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail, maintaining a keen sense of urgency at all times.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be self directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service.
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and openly in all interactions.
- Keen decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong English communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain flexible work schedule, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Serving it Right certification
- Education: High School Diploma at minimum preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2-year previous experience in a similar capacity, preferably in an upscale convention environment
Job Type: Permanent
Please submit your resume along with any relevant certifications or references for consideration. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$21.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lower Mainland, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Hospitality: 2 years (required)
- Leadership: 2 years (required)
- Serving It Right (required)
Work Location: In person