Weeknight, league night or date night – We’ve got something for you at The Hangar! The Hangar Billiards and Sports Lounge has got ten thousand square feet of fun and opportunity. Whether you’re coming for a fun night to grab some drinks and shoot some pool with friends, or if you’re coming to run the table on your opponents in league or in a tournament – The Hangar is the place to be!
We at The Hangar are serious about billiards, sports, good food, good drinks and a good time. Come shoot some pool on one of our 16 tables (2, 9’ foot diamond tables and 10, 7’ diamond tables), have some delicious food from our bar menu, enjoy some craft cocktails and local beer, host an event in one of our closed off party areas with a party catering menu built just around what you are wanting, watch the game while you’re sitting in our lounge or playing VLT’s and so much more! The Hangar has got something for everyone, every day of the week!
The Hangar Front of House team is a group of outstanding employees who are passionate about providing an above and beyond experience for our guests. We are looking for people who can see the big picture, the vision of what a great successful place looks like and takes the initiative and has the drive to bring that picture, that vision to life working at The Hangar.
We are passionate about people, and making sure each guest receives exemplary service and has an amazing experience at The Hangar. We are looking to create a team of like-minded caring people who will reflect who we are at The Hangar, carry our vision, and share the same passion about people as we do here.
We want to give you all the tools you need so you can feel prepared, be successful and create the best environment for yourself, the team, and our guests.
What a successful server looks like/ your expectations as a server:
- Have ambition, and drive, and takes initiative to use those traits to create the best experience for our guests.
- Have quality customer service skills, an outgoing personality and a positive outlook on life!
- A drive to go the extra mile and problem solve, and find solutions rather than simply pointing out problems.
- Lead by example, and work alongside the team to get things done the best they can be! Don’t expect things to get done on their own, make things happen!
- Sets and achieves goals through a can-do attitude, strong organizational skills and effective time management.
- Driven by personal and professional development and is continuously looking for, and taking advantage of new learning and skill-building experiences.
- Willingness to learn and a drive to succeed in everything they do while being open to feedback, coaching, and mentorship.
- Belief and understanding that people are the source of all extraordinary experiences, front of house staff can make a regular dining experience absolutely unforgettable. People, experiences and relationships are the heart of a restaurant. We are passionate about our guests and ensuring they get treated with the utmost care.
- Be a team player! Our people, our team is our heart and soul. We here at The Hangar work together towards a shared goal – to provide exemplary service to our guests and build relationships to keep them coming back, the only way to do this is to work as a team. Front of House staff must support each other and communicate effectively to foster seamless teamwork.
- Works cohesively and get involved with all team members, sharing goals and challenges with each other to be able to discuss and learn together.
Your responsibilities as a server:
- Welcome all guests and make the first face they see, a smiling one! Make each guest feel comfortable, special and welcome, service starts the second they walk in the door.
- Be an expert in situational service – use the tools provided to you and the ones in your own tool box to tailor your serving style for every guest. With a VLT area, a lounge, a party area, a restaurant, and pool tables it is a diverse clientele you will find at The Hangar, it is extremely important to independently cater to the needs of each guest to provide them all with perfect service, however that may look for each guest.
- Quality check every order prior to running it out, servers are responsible for the accuracy of their customers entire order. Servers should be asking themselves, does this plate look the way it’s supposed to? Does this drink have the right garnish on it?
- Able to juggle multiple tasks at once whilst maintaining their composure and thrives in a fast paced environment, remaining confident at all times and continuing to have a smile on their face.
- Handle situations by understanding and assessing the issue, and using the tools we provide you as well as working with your team and management to tackle the issues and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Accommodate and anticipate the needs of our guests before they even know what they want!
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the food and drink menus to be able to make order suggestions and answer any and all menu inquiries a guest may have.
- Develop long lasting relationships with guests by providing them with ongoing, outstanding and consistent service – having them leave happy and wanting to come back.
- Someone who is high-energy team oriented with strong communication skills and is positive and confident in what they do.
- Strong ability to carry a conversation with anyone about anything in any setting, we are looking for team members who will share the same passion about people as we do.
- Be great at leaving a positive and unforgettable impression with our guests.
- A flexible schedule with availability during the week and on weekends to meet the demands of the restaurant!
- Take the time and care to learn and understand what makes us at The Hangar, us! Understanding Billiards, our food and drink menus, the culture of the restaurant, and more.
- A desire and willingness to learn more about Billiards, the tables, the different types, the people who play it, what they like to play it on and with and so much more! We strive to be the Billiard Professionals, so it is of uttermost importance that you have a strong understanding in everything Billiards!
- Required certifications to responsibly serve alcohol in Manitoba (smart choices or equivalent).
- Practice the responsible selling and serving of alcohol.
- The ability to legally work in Canada (as a citizen, resident or holding other current and valid work permit).
If this sounds like a team you’d like to be a part of, please email a copy of your resume to set up an interview in person.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: From $14.15 per hour
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Serving/ Bartending: 1 year (preferred)
- Smart Serve, SIR or equivalent (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (required)
Work Location: In person